PICTURE THIS!!! - The new picture thread of YOU!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by T'Baio, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Then you must try this:

You take a good two handful of the unripe wallnuts.
    Cut one through and observe that all of the inside is formed but still totally white.

Rinse off dirt under cold water and cut them in quarters lengthwise and pour no more than a quart (0.75 l. is normal in these parts due to bottle size) of around 80 proof (preferably tasteless) alcohol over the walnuts and seal in a jar.

Shake and open the jar daily for a week or two -enjoy the fantastic change in colour; from very fresh green over light amber to dark brown.
    Now shake and air the jar only every week -or so- for four to six months.

You now have a walnut essence : it matures extremely well -some people even refuse to drink any less than 10 years in age!- but it can be enjoyed as early as christmas the very same year ;)

It is however an essence, it must be mixed with clear (tasteless if in any way possible) alcohol five to 10 times to be enjoyable walnut snaps.

It is -in taste and quality- comparable to aged expensive Scotch or Cognac, very smooth and filled with all kinds of tasty aromas!:drool:

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Seen at the office printer at the studio yesterday...

[​IMG]

Should I be worried?

3. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds delicious, dane! But I can tell you right now that anything that requires weekly maintenance for months or years is never going to work in this house. I can barely remember to feed my kids on a daily basis. I'd end up forgetting about it until the day the jar suddenly exploded in my kitchen or something. :lol:

4. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

:guffaw:

Haven't bought any lottery tickets lately, have you?

5. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

If not... do it now! ;)

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Not sure which way I should take this. Should I be fatter, angrier, and in-my-parents'-basement-ier? Sorry to disappoint, but fairly normal looking :p

As for the avatar? meh, I just like the monkey, and his whole Family Guy backstory (he wasn't always so evil, of course). Figure it's at least better than the misleading avatars where you can't tell if people are male or female, anyway...

7. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Maybe just angrier. Like the monkey. :p You're so blunt in your posts!

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Well, with everyone here saying what the other guy wants to hear, and engaging in a big group grope, someone's gotta actually say what they're thinking, i guess. Not always the friendliest comments, but honest opinions, anyway. If 10 people tell you it's not your fault, everything's going to be ok, sometimes the guy that highlights how you screwed up, so you can avoid it next time instead, is more helpful.

Or, conversely, I could just be a dick sometimes :p It's all me, either way. Not "needing" this place as a release valve, and just being here for a little entertainment, to discuss random crap, or break up boredom, really helps. Tougher to be a dick if things are going badly and you need a support group...

Besides, how angry could I really BE in that photo? I'm in a foreign country, in essentially a giant bar with 8000 people in it, had been drinking those big mugs of beer for 6-7 hours at that point, and I was surrounded by girls that looked like that, and were cool with wandering up and sitting down for a chat! :D

9. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I say what I think and if people want to cry over it, I'll just hand them an e-tissue.

10. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

"You talkin' to me?"

Ezri decided an extreme close up was a good angle. I was, clearly, shattered.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

^ So cute! And what beautiful eyes!

12. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Alright, here are a few. I'm always apprehensive about these since I sort of have a low opinion of my physical appearance. :lol: Oi. Anyway...

[​IMG]

Myself and a friend out at a the Twin Cities Jazz Festival a few weeks ago. Yes, he has a mohawk and yes, he loves it.

[​IMG]

Caught by my girlfriend, having fallen asleep with one of our cats having also fallen asleep in my lap. He's loves to cuddle (and once I find some pics of our cats I'll have to post them!)

[​IMG]

Myself and my friend at the Star Trek premiere in May. Incidentally, I'm the best man in his wedding on Sunday!

[​IMG]

My sister and I, meeting her at a coffee place to give her a camera to use before she went out to her first high school prom.

[​IMG]

At the Science Museum of Minnesota. It was something about light refraction, yadda yadda... it was trippy.

[​IMG]

And finally, myself in a hosptial bed having just come out of surgery at the end of April. I had a strabismus correction surgery done on my left eye, as it has crossed inwards essentially since I was born. I'm also blind in my left eye.

13. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Well you have a patch over it!

14. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

If he's permanently blind in that eye, he should just wear a patch over it. That would be exceptionally badass.

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Better yet, get it stapled to his skull General Chang style.

THAT would be badass...

16. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

I just realized I've never taken a picture with my newest guitar:

[​IMG]

It's a Schecter OMEN-6, it is the most awesome guitar that $300 can buy by far, and I love it more than Star Trek and boobies combined.

Some older pics with my other instruments:

[​IMG]

My Ibanez GSR bass... it's a piece of shit.

[​IMG]

My acoustic. It's a Conn, not sure what model, the plate with the serial number has been missing as long as I've had it. It's 36 years old, which means it's automatically awesome.

[​IMG]

And for the hell of it, here I am with the band Soul Circus.

17. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

I'll go get the hammer...

18. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

There's a big button... I suggest you press it every 108 minutes. :bolian:

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

The guy on the second to left looks a lot like Shawn Drover (of Megadeth)

20. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

My dad came over today, which always results in pictures, most likely with him wearing one of my hats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.