Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Light, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, after waiting a damn decade for the next game, it's finally coming, but at Star Wars Celebration they announced a lot of things about it that pretty much killed my excitement...

--not on last gen (which I own)
    --no single player campaign (I don't play online)
    --no space battles
    --NO PREQUEL CONTENT WHATSOEVER

The graphics look amazing and all, but I'm incredibly disappointed. It sounds like half a game.

And the first two SW Battlefront games some of my all time favorite video games. The only game I played more than BF2 is Mario Kart!!!

2. VulcanJedi

VulcanJedi Captain Captain

I agree--I'm a fan of single player (good way to practice) and space battles. I wonder if those things can be added as updates? I know that plenty of PS3 games have add-on content.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I never played the original Battlefront games, but I was always under the impression that they were essentially multiplayer games with only token SP campaigns. Pretty much like most BF/CoD titles.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks good, but while it may have been created in-engine, it looks more like an intro video, as I doubt actual gameplay would end up looking quite like that.

Still, what a way to set the tone and get people excited! After many repeated attempts at a new Battlefront game, it's nice to see something new is actually happening. And I mean that in terms of Star Wars games in general.

It gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we'll get a new X-Wing or something similar further down the road now that the movies are moving forward.

5. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks great, not having prequel content makes sense if they plan to use this to push the sequels. They got 30 years they can cover.

What I want though is a new old fashion joystick space sim game. They got new X-wings and TIE Fighters, might as well use them. Plus supposedly a Rogue Squadron based movie next year.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm looking forward to it.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

No single player immediately kills any interest I might have had in it.

8. FrankT

FrankT Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Seconded.

9. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Likely eventually on PC. Only console I own is an old Atari 2600.

(The DICE people say it will be out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  10. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Are there any more specifics of single player mode? It's critical.

Classic Battlefront provides a skirmish mode, and I wouldn't sit well without any one of it's options. I've never stopped played Battlefront I and II through this very long decade of dull Star Wars video games so this game is a huge deal for me and there is a lot on the line... I have to consider getting a new system for this and so far I'm far from impressed with any of the software titles for either system. I do not enjoy online play. I play video games to take a break from social interaction! :lol:

Hopefully they get the 'sandbox' idea because without it, it's not Battlefront. I can live with the maps from Battlefront I and II forever.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, I hope you're ready for a massive disappointment.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Sources:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b92a...tar-wars-battlefront-unleashed-fan-convention

NeoGAF

13. ALF

:) Not exactly. I haven't allowed my expectations to rise above 0. Looks great, but as far as it lacks key elements, it's Battlefront in name only.

Battlefront must contain:
    • Capturing checkpoints or flag captures
    • The ability to command a group of troopers
    • Gameplay reward to upgrade to hero class (Jedi, etc)
    • Sandbox style arenas

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

No single player, no interest.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Screens.

Spoilertags because LOL HUEG HAIREZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You're like

EA's like

[​IMG]

17. ALF

Hold up, there does appear to be a single player mode after all. It sounds fine to me! It sounds more or less like a skirmish mode... modeled after the multiplayer missions. Which is exactly what the two previous titles provided.

http://www.onlysp.com/star-wars-battlefront-has-a-single-player-mode-called-battlefront-missions/

"However, it’s probably not the single player campaign you were looking for. According to DICE, Star Wars: Battlefront is first and foremost a multiplayer title, but the game will include modes for players who don’t have the ability to play online. This is where Battlefront Missions come in.

According to Gameinformer, few details were given regarding the single player portion of the game, but from the sounds of it, we can assume that, “it will be the same battles from the multiplayer experience with different missions layered in.” These missions can also be played cooperatively.

Who knows, maybe DICE will surprise us with the depth of the single player mode for Star Wars: Battlefront, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up."

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Yeah, just not a "cinematic" bot-match campaign they way they used to do.

There will be local multiplayer/co-op as well (splitscreen even, which is a surprise).

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

SCE is leaning heavily on their co-marketing deal.

Sony's Adam Fucking Boyes is an X-Wing pilot in this one :lol:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLif7QXz9e0[/yt]

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So, I can play the game alone against bots, or on split-screen with a second person against bots? That's all that matters.

Though being an off-line player I'll still screwed because I won't get these free DLCs...

also I'll have to buy an X-Box One...