Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Lost Room.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, something like that.

3. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

But why have such a lair when anywhere in America is just a ten second travel montage away?

:)

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I really liked this episode. Finally, things are rockin' and rolling! I really got a laugh out of "Not Moose," on Crowley's phone and the "intervention." Plus, the bad guy (Sheriff Andy from Eureka) was very, very cool---and scary. Too bad he couldn't stick around; he'd have made a very powerful foe for the brothers. Plus, Dean turning into the Knight (or...whatever) with the blade in his hand was very cool; you could see the change in his eyes; nice work from Jensen. The hidden fortress was very cool indeed; I hope they incorporate a little magic in later to hide their own "batcave."

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ This show does humor very well. And "batcave" is good. I might just start calling it that from now on.

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Those boys have really come a long way. I remember Jensen Ackles as young Eric Brady from Days of Our Lives, and he was so different back then: moppy hair that made him look somewhat girly. Now he's quite mature, and he carries his character really well as a sexy and tough hunter that you don't want to mess with. Same can be said about Jared Padalecki. When I look at his pictures from about a decade ago, he was the cutest fellow on television next to Tom Welling. Now he's still hot though a bit more rugged. There's an air of vulnerability about him. Or maybe it's sensitivity.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was a pretty good episode, but I was vaguely disappointed. Here they introduce an eternally young rogue Man of Letters-- only to kill him off fifteen minutes after we meet him. Presumably, Sam and Dean now have access to his invisible magic mansion, full of probably useful artifacts-- but so does Crowley. And Magnus was apparently controlling the creatures in his supernatural zoo-- does that mean they are now free and have the run of the place?

Also, Crowley went from crying over Casablanca to "sober." Was this the culmination of the "purging" from last season? Is the possible humanization of Crowley now over?

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It will never be mentioned again.

9. RJDiogenes

10. auntiehill

I thought that was a great episode! So, is Crowley grooming Dean to be his bodyguard or something?

Loved the story of the young nun; very interesting look at how the Men of Letters were infiltrated.

But.........April 15th? [Deanvoice]Oh, come on![/Deanvoice]

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a chance that Abaddon gave birth to a Winchester?

Sure Henry loved his wife, but Demons can compel to a degree, and if you get a guy drunk till he passes out, "Josie's body" could've just taken what she needs and Hank would've never known.

12. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, Shirley Maclaine was on this episode? :p Poor lady couldn't live with what she witnessed, so she left the nunnery and had to live with a dark secret. Nice refrence to the MoL.

13. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Actually her name is Jenny O'hara. She grew up in my hometown in Northwest Pa and was in my mothers class in High School...:cool:

Actually a pretty good actress in most everything she is in.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641266/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

14. RJDiogenes

Okay, so why did they abandon the convent and stop harvesting souls for fifty years? And why were the souls just sitting on the shelf waiting to be freed? Do souls have to ferment to turn into demons? Why didn't she just turn them as she got them?

15. auntiehill

They didn't abandon the convent--the Church closed it down, people stopped coming. They probably did continue--maybe even going elsewhere for awhile--- but ramped things up lately with Abaddon trying to fight Crowley for control. I assumed those bottles were just the newest ones that hadn't been "shipped off" yet, as it were.

16. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I finally got to see the latest episode. I really enjoyed it! Hubby turned to me when it was over and said, "When was the last time we paid total attention to the entire episode like that? That was good!"

Well done show! You may just win me over again!

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome episode. I was expecting something a bit more eventful given the upcoming three week hiatus, but I'm not complaining. It was a good, solid episode and it was fantastic to see Henry again.

18. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Ooops. I guess I was a week behind. Now I'm caught up. That's 2 episodes in a row that I paid full attention. This makes me happy. I have to say that I love Crowley more and more, "Of course he did (protect Crowley), we're besties" Hee.

And I'm not sure how long its going to take me to stop referring to Sam and Dean as Moose and Not Moose. :)

19. auntiehill

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I laughed and laughed when I saw that last week.