Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JoeZhang, Apr 15, 2013.

1. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I agree- the cops got lucky. I have to say, though, that these guys were armed and extremely dangerous. Its a miracle more police didn't meet the same fate as poor Officer Collier. Most of the police involved were in mortal danger, at least for awhile. I still wonder if the brothers left any more bombs around. Assume the doggies will be busy sniffing the city for the next few weeks.

2. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Russia what a country, before we were getting their criminals inside the country now were getting their terrorists.

3. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I wonder how busy the Boston maternity wards will be in nine months from tonight.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Nothing different will be noticed.

It's like the time there was a long blizzard and started reporting on how births went up something like 2.6% for the day and the damn media went "Oh people getting down". But then people looked into it and it was within the margin of error.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was certainly one of the most amazing events I've ever witnessed. And to see it all play out in places I know and that are a relative stone's throw from where I live is very surreal. A historic terrorist manhunt in Watertown, of all places? The terrorist is taken to Mt. Auburn Hospital, a small facility normally anonymous in the shadow of big guns like MGH and NEMC (well, he was later transferred to BI). If this was a movie, it would be considered far-fetched.

But I'm really impressed with how the people handled it and how the hordes of law-enforcement people worked together to track him down and bring him in. It was an unprecedented situation and it was handled as well as could possibly be. Even the loud, obnoxious media contributed.

Now we wait for Dennis Lehane to write the novelization. :rommie:

But there are still four people dead and dozens maimed and scarred for life. For no reason, other than there are ideologies in the world that warp people's minds and turn them into killers. :(

6. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've found a picture of what appears to be the only one of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev leaving the crime scene, it appears that he is not carrying his bag which is at last the first genuinely suspicious image of our suspect. It's in the second main picture in the article in the link below.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ng-suspect-two-seen-post-blast-044413005.html

Now if only the pictures of Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev planting the bombs, or dumping their rucksacks, or planting those pressure cookers would surface on the internet, then they would be as good as guilty. Surely the numerous cameras upon the buildings, and the hundreds of people around, would have taken at least a couple of snapshots of the Tsarnaev's brothers planting those bombs?

I haven't managed to find any yet...

7. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I would be astounded if these men were innocent, after all the drama they caused. Due process must be followed, but there's no question as to their guilt ....

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

The collaboration between agencies was very impressive.

He's already written an op-ed piece for the NYT. :)

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

And you never will.

The FBI has the video(s) of them placing the bombs and then exploding soon after. They will obviously never release them because of the horror captured. But the FBI came out the other day and went something like, "This is them, there are no doubts in our minds. We are releasing this mini video and pictures because those are the best to look at their face", but they have a ton more images than the few released.

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they are MI-6 agents too.

11. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is that chilling picture of the younger terrorist (white hat) standing with the pack that contained the bomb at his feet not far behind the little 8 year-old boy that was killed in the explosion.

I saw it once and as a mommy couldn't bring myself to look at it again.:(

:wtf: They assassinated one police officer in his cruiser, seriously wounded another and threw IEDs at the police. I think that is pretty damning evidence.

Whoa Nellie

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's fantastic. I love Dennis Lehane, and not just because we're both OFD. His books make me suicidally depressed, but we have a lot in common.

:rommie: Wicked cool. :mallory:

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I thought this was great tribute:

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

He's an idiot, ignore him.:rolleyes:

15. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I know what you mean. White Hat was captured 4 miles from my house in Waltham.

16. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to say these two terrorists are the most stupidest terrorists ever. They lived two miles away from the site of the bombings, they then decided to rob a store five hours after the Boston police announced they were looking for our suspects. Next these Tsarnaev brothers kill a police officer some distance away from the store they robbed, and that was only a mile away from the site of the bombings.

Next they hijack a car, chuck IEDs at police, then crash the car in Watertown. How the younger brother escaped from the clutches of the police at that point is a mystery to me, everyone nearby in the houses would have woken up to the sound of gunfire, and God knows how many cops were there surrounding that crashed car as these suspects made their last stand. How Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wriggled out of that one I don't know.

Finally nearly twenty hours later and with most of Watertown locked down for most of that time, in a state of martial law with the army searching residences without any regard to search warrants, Dzhokhar is found hiding in someone's boat in a back garden less than a kilometre away from the shoot-out with the cops. The police and army messed up big time here, and Dzhokhar was found by the resident who owned that boat, after the resident left his property to check on his boat when the stay-indoors order was lifted.

The resident calls the police and Dzhokhar is at last caught, and the resident only noticed anything suspicious because there were bloodstains on the path leading to this boat. Which warrants the question, if the police and army had searched this house and presumably the back garden, why didn't they notice the bloodstains?

There's a timeline (in the link below) compiled by the BBC of the manhunt for the Tsarnaev brothers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22229434

17. Hound of UIster

At least the cops didn't shoot any innocent bystanders or burn them alive like what happened with Dorner. Much better performance imo by the police.

18. gturner

gturner Admiral

I've heard (and can't confirm) that suspect #1 was spread eagle on the ground with a bunch of police aiming guns at him when suspect #2 sped toward the cops in the stolen SUV, running over suspect #1 and scattering the cops. If true we should call them "speed bump" (suspect #1) and "white hat" (suspect #2), and also add "hit and run" and maybe "vehicular manslaughter" to the list of charges. Suspect #2 probably ran over his own Marines in Halo all the time.

19. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just watched video of an epic interview with Watertown police chief Edward Deveau by Wolf Blitzer.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nSSzoy5ow7M

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gjv_bhOiyI8

Chief Deveau said his officers were cuffing Terrorist # 1 when Terrorist #2 came barreling down on them with the car and the police managed to jump out of the way and he just drove over his brother killing him.

Listening to this interview it is clear both Terrorist #1 and #2 were cold blooded bastards! Scary.

Whoa Nellie

20. Hound of UIster

Yes suspect #2 ran over his own bro.