Christmas: When You Were A Kid...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jetfire, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

What was the one gift you had to have but sometime after getting it you got bored with it?

For me it was the first Nintendo Gameboy...I mainly got bored with it because I only got 3 games with it for Christmas. I quickly moved on to a scooter I got and a football :lol:.

2. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

Moon Boots. It wasn't so much that I got bored with them; if they had done what I expected them to do, I would have been quite entertained. However, they did not make me bounce several feet into the air. In fact, they didn't make me leave the ground at all. They were returned within a few days... :)

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back in the day I had an Atari 2600 and I really wanted this Activision game, I think it was called Space Blaster or something like that. Well I got the game on Christmas day and that night got into a total groove with it and found a pattern (you basically did the same thing on every screen) and racked up about a million points over the course of many, many hours on one game.
    I think I only played it maybe once or twice after that.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

That sounds like Laser Blast. And I had the same problem with that game. It really is the same thing on every level: You fly in, go boom-boom-boom and vaporize the three things trying to shoot you, then leave and do it all over again.

5. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

VAC-U-FORM by Mattel. I loved that thing, but it wasn't quite as fun as I thought it was going to be. Plus, it was freaking dangerous; I got a couple bad blisters. I see at that link that it used a 110-volt hot plate.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

^^^ Oh, man, that's a blast from the past. I used to make a bunch of Hot Wheels cars in that thing. Yeah, that plate was hot as Hell.

Electric football was a big let down for me:

[​IMG]

Nothing says the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat like a bunch of epileptic football players on a giant vibrator running around in circles or even the wrong direction.

7. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

^ We've been watching BD's of "Fringe," and one of the episodes has Walter with an electric football game in it.

8. TheLonelySquire

TheLonelySquire Vice Admiral

Simon. Anyone remember that one?

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that the game with the four colored panels that flash in a specific pattern which you must replicate from memory? Yeah, I always thought that was really cool (although I never owned one).