Enterprise or Voyager?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by John200, Apr 12, 2010.

?

Which is better?

1. Enterprise

64 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Voyager

72 vote(s)
    52.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

I choose to accept the superiority of Voyager. ;)

Clearly, I vote Voyager. I had a really hard time relating the characters on Ent. :(

2. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anwar, fess up. Your Rick Berman in disguise, aren't you? Aren't you? You must be. It's either that or he's paying you to say this. ;)

Back when Trek was on the air and I was blindly devoted to the show I read every interview, every backstage report and every production article. Never did I hear anythng about TPTB meddling in the production process of the show. I am sure that B&B made many pitches to the studio (including the planet bound one which you mentioned and I had never heard of before today) before settling on the final concept. I am sure there were people from the studio and the network invested in the show trying to make it a success. But I think you greatly exaggerate the role of the network and its influence on the final show. Simply put, I don't buy it. All television shows go through the same thing, Behind every program is a studio with its own ideas about the product. It didn't, for example, change the fact that despite the reservations of Universal and SyFy, both BSG and Farscape turned out be a great shows.

And that still brings me back to my original point. Enterprise was a bland show. Mediocre scripts, bland directing and production design, poor acting. It was an uninspired show that didn't impact our television landscape one bit, something which all previous Trek shows did. People know and love TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY. Those shows will be remembed for years to come. Enterprise will forever be the show that was afraid to call itself Star Trek. It will be forgotten.

3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, I never watched ENT all that much so I don't have strong feeling about it one way or another (though I have enjoyed the reruns I saw of ALL the seasons).

To be honest, I don't think ANYONE really was all that invested in Trek's success anymore by the time ENT hit the air. Too much Trek from 1987 onwards burnt too many people out in the studio and the audience.

SyFy didn't really interfere with Farscape or NuBSG all that much aside from one or two demands that didn't really mess with either show. Being new shows made them care less, leaving more freedom to the creators.

VOY would've turned out the same as it was if Moore had been on from day one, only difference is that he would've run out crying and quit 6 episodes into the series like he did on VOY proper.

4. Chicago 103

Chicago 103 Captain Captain

I voted for Enterprise.

Voyager is my favorite Trek series because it had my favorite batch of characters. But Voyager never even attempted to take advantage of its premise.

I think Enterprise is the better series because it attempted to be a geniune Star Trek prequel. Doctor Phlox is the only Enterprise character I was interested in.

When quality is the question, a good story is the most importantly element. A good story can challenge your mind well after the show is over. It's just kind of difficult to give a crap about some stories if you wish most of the characters would be replaced. But if I'm actually interested in most of the characters on a show, I can watch them do almost anything ... outside of Fair Haven.

5. Purdy Bear

Purdy Bear Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Had to vote for Voyager, just love that ship so much.

6. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Good girl!

7. Tidus79001

Tidus79001 Lieutenant Commander

No contest. Voyager is the better show.

I am attached & devoted to Voyager as much as the fans of the Star Trek: The Original Series were devoted to that series. I wasn’t yet born when Star Trek: The Original Series was first aired (I did however discover it at a young age & it is what made me a lifelong Star Trek fan). When I found Voyager I knew that I felt the same sense of pride & belonging to that series as fans of the original series felt.

Voyager was the first series & ONLY series since the original series that I felt truly attached to & felt that I could call my own.

8. SRFX

SRFX Captain Captain

Enterprise, a thousand times over.

Voyager more often than not enrages, frustrates or usually, bores me. Star Trek isn't meant to do that to me!

Also, regardless of how good or bad it is, it's the series that drove me away from Star Trek for a while, so it's always going to have that black mark against it.

Enterprise drew me back in, so it's always going to have that going for it.

9. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

VOYAGER. I would rather shoot myself than watch ENTERPRISE on a daily basis. I can only think of two or three episodes from that series that I truly enjoyed.

10. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Voyager....I didn't care much for Enterprise.

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Please do not re-animate long dead threads. This one has not had a reply in over 6 years!

Please feel free to start a new thread if you're interested, and please review the Rules for Posting pinned at the top of this forum.

Thanks!

:techman:

The Old Mixer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.