Dexter

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I've had a theory about the Doomsday Killer for a couple of episodes now that is starting to feel more likely with each episode. I'll put it in spoiler code, since I'm almost certain I'm right.

Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

I think Travis killed Gellar several years ago, and now the professor exits only in his head, like Dexter's father. I first noticed a couple of episodes ago that their waitress didn't seem to notice him. Then when she was tied up in the kitchen, Gellar stroked her hair, but she kept her eyes on Travis. I've been paying attention ever since, and every time they're out in public, nothing has contradicted that idea. Then in last night's ep, Travis ran into Gellar in the marketplace as soon as Dexter was called away about Brother Sam's shooting. Then Travis's sister tells her students that her brother's a great artist. "Gellar" has been doing those paintings all season, and we even get a lingering shot on one of them this episode. He's a character who doesn't want to give in to his urges, but has this figure in his head driving him to darkness. Flip-side of Dexter.

2. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I've been thinking the same thing.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. Maybe they'll come up with something better though...

4. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spaceman Spiff, you may be right about Gellar being Travis's alter ego. Maybe Travis killed Gellar and that caused the break with reality.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  5. Spaceman Spiff

Holy crap, after I went through the effort to warn people and put in spoiler code, why would you just blurt it out like that?

I can't help but think, after prior accusations of being here to troll, you did that intentionally to be an ass.

Jeez, man.

6. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

It's not really a spoiler, it it? After all, it's just a theory at this point.

7. Spaceman Spiff

Still, if it turns out to be true, and there's a fair chance it is, you can see how people would be upset about reading it. You can bet that if I'd posted it without the code, it would have been notified on several times by now.

Besides, this isn't Joe's first time at the Dexter Spoilers Rodeo.

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Great theory Spiff - I think you might be bang on with that, it makes a lot of sense to me.

9. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spiff, what I said may not turn out to be true for the season and until it doesn't or does, it isn't a spoiler. It's a speculation. A theory. It's not like I'm plugged in on inside info of the current season.

10. Spaceman Spiff

So if it turns out to be true, we'll warn you then. :)

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably short term. I'd guess he'll be around until the season finale.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's true.

It's so true.

After that movie about human soap, I'm always expecting that to happen.

13. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I clicked it because I didn't think any theory could be so ironclad that it would really count as a spoiler, but damn I think you're right.

14. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

bah, probably right. I was expecting a silly theory. Though I wonder if the writing on Dexter is really good enough anymore to pull something like that off.

A quick Google search seems to suggest this is a very popular theory, though. Hmm.

15. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that theory already popped up after the first episode of this season.
    And I honestly don't know why they're still making a secret out of it. It's obvious, really.

16. Guy Gardener

Well Dexter does it, so why not Doomsday?

Every year he''s looking for his equal and opposite, but only usually finds one or the other.

Baltar's head Six was talking to Six's head Baltar and Baltar and Six could both see each others Angel?

I don't see why we're calling this a theory?

It is what is happening, and it will surprise children and idiots who watch very little media, but that's not us. most of us. Some of us. Well, you know who you are.

i have another theory...

I think Rita died a few seasons back.

Have you noticed that if you die on Dexter, and you're a gal, that you wind up with a supporting role on The Gifted Man?

17. Spaceman Spiff

I don't see why someone would be an idiot for not catching on. It's not like any of the clues have been blatant. They're there, but we're not getting hit over the head with them. If we were, we'd suspect it was a red herring.

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The showrunner said in an interview that the actor was only available for a couple episodes, because he's busy directing a movie.

Apparently the writers have been wanting to bring him back for a while, but this is the first time the schedule worked out.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems a little TOO obvious to me. Although if it's true, I hope they reveal it soon, instead of waiting til the final episode to reveal something most of the audience already guessed.

20. Guy Gardener

Idiot may be too strong.

But if you haven't noticed, then you're only as smart as the writers think you are.

It was a sad day from me, when I was finally too old to achieve any satisfaction from watching Sesame Street. I had to pack up my stuff and find a more challenging medium to obsess on than Cookie eating puppets.

Worst 30th birthday ever.