Exploring the Uncharted Territories: A Farscape Viewing Experience

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The beginning of season 4 had no real plot. You can't end a multi-year run of a series that really hasn't had stand alone episodes in favor of stand alone useless episodes with new characters that frankly suck. :lol:

I watched the special feature talking about production of the miniseries and they seemed to hint at that Pilot's set wasn't destroyed, that they loved him after all these years and he's still great. Maybe they stuck it together wrong. I didn't notice any big chances, maybe they needed to make it smaller?

Scorpius was a brighter white, but nothing too bad.

Ben Browder lost a few crystals on the bottom of the ocean. ;)

I'm just glad we got what we got. But I can't help but to think of what a 6th or 7th season would have dealt with. The war most likely would have been season 5, maybe a little into 6, but then if John loses all his wormholes no more going to Earth, no more much of anything. It would have been great to see what new threats they would have come up with.

Now I need to get the comic books, there seem to be a lot of them.

2. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

There's one shot in particular in the movie where the Eidolon is being introduced to Pilot and it's noticeable that the set isn't the same. I'd copy/paste it but that's a lot of work. :lol:

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's used for some of Rygel's outdoor "hovering" sequences in "Jeremiah Crichton."

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

From what I've read, they had a different guy in charge of doing the sound. Lani Tupu did the voice just fine, but it wasn't quite mixed the same in the final product.

5. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

Actually Pilot's voice actor was same Lani Tupu ( actor who played Crais ) But I suppose sound editor was different in TPKW

6. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Was that the same instance where we see Rygel walking without his hover-sled?

7. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

That shot was in the episode where the insects took over Moya and made clones of everyone. I forget the name.

8. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

The actress who played Admiral Grayza was pregnant in real. So they used this aspect on TPKW as well ( and well done in my opinion )

The entire budget for The Peacekeeper Wars was 28 million $ ( I can be wrong though )

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Ohh that would make sense. I looked it up and it was the same guy, I just figured he made a funny voice and no real editing was needed.

I loved Pilot's old voice but his new one seemed meaner and I just couldn't like it.

Yeah they did it perfectly, she is a slut, so it works we don't really see much of the story besides that she is hugely pregnant. :lol:

Wow! $28 million! Damn! For that they could have made it a little longer. :lol:

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Exodus from Genesis."

11. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I remember hearing somewhere at the time that the problem was in the equipment they used to change Lani Tupu's voice. Apparently they never could get the computerized sound to be the same again.