Klingon Academy: Any Fans?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Praetor, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Darth Corleone

Darth Corleone Ensign Newbie

I'm a Fan. Now that KA can be played with Windows Vista. Ive been all over the web looking for some of the old ship mods that were made with Lightwave 5.6. The main KA site took a hack and the mod datebade might be lost. So if we want to get the KA comunity going again we need to get a mod database re-built. I'm willing to help. Please reply... DC.

2. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    [​IMG]

I forgot about the ship viewer thingy. :)

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a couple of the ship mods and QB scripts, I do believe. I did find my KA modded stuff, and I'm even running it on XP as of today! :D

J.

4. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even then, it doesn't compare to the feeling of actually being tested as a Klingon with Christopher Plummer going with you for the ride. Not to mention the overall experience. ;)

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, definitely not. There's no comparison to the level of effort they went into with Klingon Academy. I mean, seriously, that whole game is pure awesome. In Quick Battle, though, there are many rewards to reap, and one of them is to be sitting in the Captain's chair (with the KM mod you can get up and walk around the bridge) and order your tactical officer to attack their impulse engines. Your tactical officer replies "aye sir!" as the ship rolls and the screen goes black as a torpedo slams into your ship, and sparks fly all around the bridge while your Chief Engineer calls out "Captain, our shields have been compromised. Another hit and we will be in danger of a warp core breach!" as the ship's interior is stained a blood red from the alert klaxons and the loss of power.

Sweet.

J.