Counterpoint

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Janeway’s Girl, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Smilie winkie face means that I am joking.

In the very next paragraph, I say that he is American.

Oh.

Andy "Lorne" Hallet is dead too.

Do you want some good news?

Charisma Carpenter did a topless playboy shoot in 2004.

Her reasoning as I understood it was "#### you, 34 year old mothers can so be sexy too."

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

WHAT dead too! how depressing.

I assume Cordelia had to go because the actress was pg as she got puffier and puffier and then took to her bed for half a season, vanished, and reappeared looking all newly-gym thin. I am glad they gave her the excuse they went with because I was extremely grossed out by her and Connor in bed so I needed evil possession excuse to cope.

Okay I read how he died, and now I feel like the insane money I spent pulling wisdom teeth last month was a good idea. Poor guy that is awful. He was fantastic in that role. At least Whedon isn't doing a JMS and moaning about how his show is cursed.

What I liked about the ending was it was pure Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Fuego!

3. Guy Gardener

The complete opposite to the Sopranos?

At the time I heard that Charisma punched Joss in the nose and knocked him on his ass, which is probably a cool urban legend.

Found this...

Fired, not forced/suggested sabbatical.

To me, it's really a question of if the pregnancy was planned.

If she spent 5 months on hormones trying to get preggers with no concern to when the seed planted and took, that is wilfully indignant to the production.

If shit happened, steps could have been taken to work around her condition.

Season 1 of I Dream of Jeanie comes to mind.

Or CC in the final series of The Nanny.

They actually made a joke about over sized handbags in sitcoms covering up pregnancies while the actress was holding an over sized handbag covering up her pregnancy on a sitcom.

META!

4. teacake

I will have to look that up later. That is particularly ridiculous for a show like this where they already pregnified her a few times in the story. It's not like you can't just make anything up, you CAN make anything up.

5. Guy Gardener

The only reason that Joss would have been angry enough to fire her, is if he noticed she was pregnant before she told him.

So unless he is unusually perceptive, we are talking about half way through the second trimester.

6. teacake

I'm depressed about Andy Hallett.

Also Angel was such a sullen dick in season 5, he annoyed me how he treated Harmony as well as most everyone at some point. Harmony is just snubbed by everyone the whole season, not surprised she had no loyalty.

7. Guy Gardener

"HARMONY HAS MINIONS!!"

An odd aside, but the actress who played Harmony was (young)Sue Richards during some shots set in the past for the (Horrible) 1994 Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie.

8. teacake

Harmony was often hot :adore:

9. Guy Gardener

I thought she looked like the kid from Mask most of the time.

10. teacake

I think she had particularly beautiful :censored:

11. Guy Gardener

I could see that she had everything required to be pretty, but I could also see that it was mildly distorted by a funhouse mirror.

There was a legal drama where Mercedes played a high school cheerleader suing her team-mates for prejudice because they were jealous about how pretty she was.

12. teacake

I completely agree about the funhouse mirror. Head too big, boobs too big, hair too big.. and yet there is the word 'fun' in the funhouse. Which of course was a lot to do with her ditsy, bratty personality. Angel looks particularly dour next to such people :lol:

13. Guy Gardener

I'm imagining a glory hole in a funhouse mirror thank you very much.

Which means I'm now wondering if you can use it like a sun dial to tell time?

14. teacake

A few weeks back someone asked me to put my head in a wooden box with a hole in it that "represents the glory hole" as part of an art installation, and to then take the photo they would give me of me and my head in the glory box and post it on facebook. I'm still trying to think of what kind of super offensive thing I could have had on my person to stick through the hole (with my mouth since the box was too constricting for hands) that would have made me want to do this.

15. Guy Gardener

You passed on the opportunity tp be immortalized?

(Facebook will outlive the planet surely?)

16. teacake

My face would be in a box, with a glory hole attached to it.

Okay, that does remind me of huge hunks of life, maybe I should have run with it and made it my bbs avatar and my FB profile pic and held a demonstration to demand it could be my passport photo and put it in my will that it went on the cover of my funeral service handout.

17. teacake

And here's the thing about Wesley. Classic Whedon boy, madonna complex fighting with vagina teeth nightmare. I get he adored, infatuated, pined, mooned, over Fred but it was ultimately nothing but a whole lot of serotonin. Remember how he was all mr. spanky with Lila, he even referenced this at the very end, well does he really think that would be happening with Fred? No. But of course he's dichotomised his needs. For all the incredible orgasmic lust he had with Lila there is the incredible idealized adoration of Fred.

He's really just that hoaky english school boy that americans like to write and nudge and wink about.

Still, I cried. You can take any bit of cliched sex doom and write and act it well enough to make everyone cry and that is what we got with Wesley.

18. Vandervecken

Vandervecken Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any way you look at it, though, it's coercive imprisonment--forcing people to go where they don't want to go, and not for anything they've done, just for what they are.

By the way, I love this ep.