STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

We have an official "embassy" for the TrekBBS Armada at the Grand Imperial Fleet's homepage.
    We are all invited to visit them, get to know them and of course play with them STO.
    I encourage everyone to team up with them to let them know we are there to help them out with STF runs, PvP or plain and simple questing/leveling as GIF will do for us.

grandimperial.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1492994&gid=188662

There is an Alliance chat channel where you can contact them in game.
    Unlike our fleet chat it is not open for everyone and needs an invite. However I can invite you there, so send me a pm here or in game for you to join it. (Otherwise I will just invite you when I see you online playing)

We also are granted access to the GIF Ventrillo voice chat. Visit our embassy at ther homepage to get access information for that.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. Timelord Victorious

Last day to pick up the Reman BO, if you haven't done so yet.
    Starting tomorrow we get the new remastered episodes P'Jem and Doomsday plus Azura get's the most unique reward ever.
    So log on and team up for some guaranteed major fun.

3. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

I wish I could :( I want to play, but dont have any cash right now... arg!

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

What kind of reward?

5. Timelord Victorious

You can summon the Azura anywhere to access Bank,Mail and Exchange every 4 hours.

Edit: have to correct that. The Azura II gives you acces to some commodities to buy, Mail Access and your Personal Bank.
    No Fleet Bank. Although that could be different on Holodeck, where I am actually a member of a fleet unlike on Tribble. ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Neat bonus, but don't understand why they went in that direction. Is there any reason you shouldn't be able to access those three functions from your own ship? From the ready room makes the most sense...

7. Timelord Victorious

Because they don't want the social hubs to be turned into graveyards.
    A lot of players are already pretty solo oriented and if you can use those services anytime anywhere, those players would NEVER visit any base again, except for mission purposes.
    With the new reward those places will already become a lot quieter I'm afraid.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I guess the follow-up question is: so what?

You have to return to space dock for promotions, getting new ships, changing ships, and detailing your ship. I'm not treating it as a 'social hub' in those occasions, I'm treating it as a pain in the butt waystation that takes an extra 10 minutes to get back from after transwarping to when I'm in the middle of some other sector. For the 'big' events I mentioned, you can at least rationalize it, but for those smaller things, that's a pretty dumb reason to have to do the SLOW crawl through sector space.

I mean, you can CHECK your mail on the ship, but if an item you had for sale expired, you have to go all the way back to base to collect it again. What's the difference? Dropping off scan traces and selling useless drop items because my inventory is full is another one that's not really necessary. Why couldn't those things be handled onboard ship?

If the starbases aren't the social hubs they envisioned, make FUN reasons to go back, people will go. Making required stops that are out of the way and piss you off while you're trying to do other things doesn't put you in the mood to hang out and relax.

What's the downside to less visits to the base? If I'm just there for a bank stop, I'm not chatting, i'm not wandering around. I'm sprinting to the bank or exchange, doing my thing, and then beaming directly out. You won't miss much if the random black blur appears less often ;)

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Started playing recently, would love to join up with the Trek BBS fleet, how do I find you guys?

10. Timelord Victorious

Any member can send you a fleet invite. We just need your charactername@accountname

11. LeadHead

should be Travado@PureLeadHead, PM me if it doesn't work please. Lookin forward to joining up.

12. Timelord Victorious

Sent you the invite. Just accept the next time you log in with that character.

13. LeadHead

Done. Coolness!

14. Timelord Victorious

So, welcome to the fleet.

Make sure to check out the Information tab on the fleet menu.
    To join our custom chat (thank the great bird it works again) rightclick the tab labeled chat on the chat box, click on the channel tab and join TrekBBS Subspace Com.
    We mostly communicate there instead of the default fleet channel , so our members who got KDF toons as well can chat with you.
    Since you are not excatly a noob on this board you will get your fleet promotion soon as well, which will give you access to the fleet bank's juicier deposits.
    Just keep in mind, take what you need from the bank but return something as well that might benefit the next guy.
    If the bank should have no room for your donation or if it is a common white item just sell it and deposit the credits instead. With enough resouces we can eventually max out the bank space.

We have an alliance going with the Grand Imperial Fleet/Grande Imperial Fleet (KDF/FED). They also will be willing to help you out with questions, leveling and teaming if non or not enough of us are available.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

does our chat channel (or is there another one that does) include their fleet as well? Might be useful when we're either offering or asking for help with missions...

16. Timelord Victorious

There is an Alliance channel called ImperialAlliance. It is not an open channel however.
    So to join you need an invite.
    I just sent out one to most fleet members.
    You check on the invite similar to joining our fleet channel yourself.
    It will be waiting for you in the chat configuration menu.
    If you haven't received an invite and would like to join the Alliance channel just sent me a pm or mail in game.

17. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

how's that fleet going, I have rather crappy computer atm, plan to build one in july/august time frame with new mobo, 4 or 6 core cpu and decent graphics.

I've played all star trek games (last being legacy) but never played any star trek on-line games, what's it like and how large is the STO community ?

cheers.

18. Timelord Victorious

The TrekBBS Armada is alive and well. Rather small-ish fleet, so newcomer are still welcome to join to get it more active.
    We can invite you as soon as you start the game.
    If you want to test play it, i will sent you a buddy key. Just pm me your email address.

19. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

Cheers for that, but my PC is kind of old, so I wont need game just yet, Oll wait for july/August to build me-self a new computer that should last me 3-4 years (4-6 core CPU with a decent Graphic Card) and at least 8 gigs of 1600mhz DDR3 RAM, coupled with a decent size Hard Drive and decent PSU. That done, I'll be looking to get STO at first opportunity and try this game.

20. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

could I be promoted?
    I dropped some things in the bank, but couldn't take anything out :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.