How many Operating Systems do you use on a regular basis?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Mark_Nguyen, Dec 6, 2012.

?

How many Operating Systems do you use on a regular basis?

1. 1

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. 2

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. 3

16 vote(s)
    27.1%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. 5 or more

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Win XP, Vista and 7 at work on 3 different machines/networks. Win 7 and Mac OSX at home. Hard to keep it all straight sometimes...

2. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I use Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and some Apple OS at work, while at home I use XP and Vista. I use Windows 8 the slightest. I may also begin using Android, as my workplace has a kindle fire and we're training to know to use it.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Win XP and 7 at work, Vista and 8 at home plus iOS.

You know though if we allow Android and iOS you should probably allow for X-Box and PS3. I watch Netflix and Youtube on my PS3 as well as photos, video files, mp3s and more. The X-Box has HBO Go and while I haven't explored it yet I know it shows up on my PC's networked devices. Over the weekend, I paired up my iPhone with the PS3 youtube and was searching for videos on the phone and playing them with the PS3 on the TV. I think the future is just going to muddy the waters more with this stuff.

4. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

- Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2
    - Debian and CentOS (prefer Debian for software development servers, but I have to maintain some inherited CentOS servers)
    - Android 4.x (phone and several test devices)

The occasional software tests on iOS and checking up on the progress of Haiku OS don't really count.