So How Much Time Will Have Passed Since The First NuTrek Film?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Pubert, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At the end of the film, USS Enterprise was going to the five year mission. Then, it would be 1.5 years after Kirks speech.
    Until there, Kirk and crew should be more experienced.

2. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

even if comics are not canon canon, they still usually have some hints about the next movie and follow what Orci tells the comic writer about production.

the current time in the last comic is:
    2262.67 (green lantern crossover comic)
    2262.54 (regular ongoing comics)

according to memory alpha, the events from stid happened in 2259, Kirk's speech was in 2260 (one year after, the time it took them to repair the enterprise. I wonder if the comic writers had already thought about making a spin off comic trilogy about that year to talk about what the crew did in the meantime their ship was repaired )

In the comics they are still at the beginning of their five years mission but if the next movie makes the story in 2262-63 that qualifies as 'deep into the five years mission'. I sure hope the next movie isn't the end of the five years mission because it had started only 5 minutes ago, lol.

3. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL! Yeah I can see it now. Captains Log Date 552066: We are in the 4th and 11 month of our 5 year mission. We are headed back to Earth but decided we would check out a distress signal....yada yada.

4. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

So long as it leads into STAR TREK: EXCELSIOR, featuring John Cho, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Anna Torv (because reasons), and occasional guest appearances by Zachary Quinto, I don't care if it's 2260 or 2285.

What?

I don't ask for much.

5. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I expect there will be a few clever nods to TOS when describing what the NuEnterprise has experienced on its mission so far.

I agree, that would be great to see. Just as long as they don't have to go back in time and save the whales. ;)

6. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

I love STTVH.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Please don't bump threads after nearly a month of inactivity if you've nothing of substance to add.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.