Halloween Costume Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Pardon my stupidity, but who were you going as? :confused:

2. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

He was Harry Potter.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

A demon like priest but John kept calling me Harry Potter which was weird because everyone on the train in assumed I was an evil priest or an evil monk and then on the way back to Penn some guy asked if I was Harry Potter. I almost sobbed.

Edit: You beat me. NOOOOOOOOOOO!

4. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

:lol: I know the feeling. I got these questions:

Are you supposed to be the female equivalent of Bones?
    Are you supposed to be Uhura?
    Are you Mr. Spock?
    Why don't you go as Dr. Crusher next year?
    Are you from the movie?

(and my favorite) Are you Jackie O?

5. JonathonWally

That's a good pick-up line!

6. sidious618

Next year I'm going as a naughty firefighter so there will be no confusion.

7. JonathonWally

You're just jealous cause I got my ass grabbed more than you last night in the the Village. :cool:

8. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Well, overall the TWOK costume went over big, and a lot of people really dug it.

There were a few who didn't get it. There were A few people who thought I was dressed in some sort of ceremonial British Prince uniform, and one guy thought I was a mountie :)

One girl in a very revealing pirate costume ran up to me and kissed me. I'm not sure if that had to do with the costume or not.......

9. sidious618

It does irk me, yes.

10. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

We need PICTURES people! :vulcan: Some of us want to see the costumes.

Please...

Pretty please with sugar on top...

11. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Something like that happened to a friend last year - I can't remember what the costume was but as soon as one person mistook him for Harry Potter, everyone did and wth each comment his rage levels got higher.

Well... I posted one of these in the pics thread, but I'll show off ours...

[​IMG]

...but as mine was a last minute idea, it's rather underwhelming. Raven_Shayde dressed up as Starbuck so I put on a suit, bought some cigars and decided to be Baltar. Though I lost my glasses so it was incomplete :(

I initially planned to go as either British wrestler Conscience, or BSG's Colonel Tigh but I didn't have time to get all the bits and pieces together (and I've only got enough material for the top half of a colonial uniform - and thats reserved for RS) and my hair can't be tamed into a bald cap.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Too bad I didn't know. I have one of the actual metal finger props used for filming I could've lent you :D.

I went as a battle damaged T-800. At the beginning of the night I looked normal but, as the night progressed, I would add little bits of damage to my costume and I switched out my contacts and added the appliances (we had a LONG Halloween) to my face. At the end of the night I was wearing pretty much the entire Endoskull and a lot of the prosthetics I've acquired. I'll post pics later.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Hugging Falcon (aka Balloon Boy):

[​IMG]

14. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I never would've guessed ... Should've brought a magic wand.

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

:lol: Brilliant!

J.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, he put that costume together in about 5 minutes. It was awesome.

Here's another one. Mal decided to grind on Balloon Boy, and I got stuck in the corner behind them!

[​IMG]

17. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to hear you had a good time, and that you particularly enjoyed our maze. We regrettably never won Maze of the Night (the park big-wigs graded each maze every night we were open), but I think we were scoring fairly high towards the end of the run.

And yeah, a lot of work definitely goes into it. I really have to commend the people in costume and makeup, as well as the technicians who constructed the mazes and made sure they stayed in working order. And, of course, my fellow performers; it can actually be quite exhausting scaring people all night (especially when you're on your feet for hours on end, in a mask and bodysuit), but it was generally a lot of fun.

And as for the "Cornstalkers" monsters taking visible smoke-breaks... :lol:. That was certainly a no-no on their part.

Indeed... I think it was last Saturday (or maybe the Saturday before) that attendance level records were broken: we had around 32,000 guests. Saturdays were usually pretty busy; Sundays, a bit less so.

And now it's all over... but maybe I'll do it again next year. :)

18. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little late to the party, here's Jessie the yodeling cow-girl and fat-woody. I had a better hat for actual Halloween. This is from the local chamber of commerce trick-or-treat thing on the 30th.
    [​IMG]

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I hope someone put brain soap in your goodies bag, my dear sir! :D

J.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

One more for the road. This was one of my old TGIFridays co-workers. He spent over $500 on his costume. :eek:

[​IMG]

But I also think it's one of the better pictures of me from the night.