Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I wonder if maybe the red eye look is due to emotional damage rather than physical. It'd be cool to see a grief-activated Hulk rather than just anger. Could something bad happen to someone Bruce loves? Hmmm....

2. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Not necessarily the same kind of processing, but sure. I thought the first teaser gave him a great sound, which is why the lack of processing stood out so much to me here.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4nhfB-haJU&feature=youtu.be[/yt]
    cool analysis

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I really liked Ultron's voice in the first trailer. In this one it sounds just a little too much like James Spader. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I preferred it the old way.

This trailer didn't do much for me, much like the last one. It looks like a solid film, but at this point all the superhero trailers are just starting to look the same to me.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought Ultron's voice in the first trailer was much cooler and scarier, and that's coming from someone who always complains about not being to understand dialogue!

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if Ultron's voice gets progressively less "processed" as he upgrades his bodies.

7. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

My bet is he got whammied by Scarlet Witch. We shall see.

8. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Wonder if the scene of Black Widow with a different hairstyle (and perhaps being experimented on?) has something to do with the Ballerina thing, or have something to do with the Serkis character (Who might be Klaw).

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I had that thought but will just say 'Ditto' and piggy back your comment.

10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:

Anyway, effects wise, the Hulk keeps looking better and better, and I can't help but wonder what's stopping Marvel from making a solo Hulk movie. Fans want it, they have the right actor, the best effects..... Perhaps story is an issue? We can't do an origin story, unless we see it as a prequel of sorts. And are fans willing to see movie set before EVERYTHING we've had over the last 7 years. And, basicly, Edward Norton's Hulk is part of canon, with the inclusion of Tony Stark, and a gazilion little hints to so many parts of the MCU, including the SuperSoldier serum and SHIELD.

Right now, I'm mostly curious as to what part Quicksilver and Scarlety Witch will play.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Do fans really want a Hulk movie? There have already been two attempts, one of which is generally considered awful.

In this movie universe, I just don't know if the Hulk can support his own story anymore, unless they shoot him off into space and do a Planet Hulk kind of thing.

12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Considering the comments all over the interwebz of people wanting a Hulk movie, yes, they do.

However, I agree, the story seems to be the biggest issue.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Good thing he wasn't Bane'd in sound editing.

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure I read and interview with either Feige or Whedon where they said they had considered a Hulk movie but then figured it might be best to have someone that you can only see in an Avengers film, to make it a bit more exclusive.

I love Hulk, but I'm kinda glad they're using him sparingly at the moment.

15. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

There was a Ruffalo cameo at the end of Iron Man 3, but he wasn't Hulk so that doesn't count :) A Hulk 80's era supporting character does appear as Star Lord's original girlfriend in Guardians of the Galaxy which I thought was an interesting touch.

As for a solo Hulk project, we don't really need the origin redone as it was shown during IH's opening credits (Although with a different actor-Norton)-and of course the previous non-MCU Hulk movie had a convulted origin story too.

Some people have suggested they adapt the Planet Hulk storyline where the Hulk is exiled to a planet where he becomes a gladiator and eventually king.

There also was a TV show reboot considered but I think that's been canned.

16. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

[​IMG]

I love how the extras act as though nothing is happening outside of the one guy leaning over looking at where they'll land, going "Oh, now that's something."

17. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's an "oops".

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the 2nd teaser was underwhelming. The first was a hard act to follow!!

RAMA

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Early footage for the teaser, they can change it in post. Trailer's for STID changed background footage quite a bit.

RAMA

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe so, but I miss the days when this wasn't such a common solution/copout. They might as well animate the whole fucking film if they can just fix everything in post and not care at all about what they actually caught in camera. For fuck's sake, no one can see how damn uncinematic these films are....

Take "great" Winter Soldier.. which admittedly seems to be filmed with some cool handheld shots and actually "directed." They still manage to cop-out to crap I hate. After Cap breaks out of the elevator, Pierce orders the place locked down. But of course, it's Cap, and naturally he finds a motorcycle and escapes.. just as the garage doors shut.. from both above and below him. We don't see how he gets to the bike.. maybe showing him finding the vehicle and starting up amidst lock-down might provide real tension, but no.... and for some reason they had to make this metal door close from below him (the door is obviously CG) and, because the people at Marvel don't know squat about how to make films, we don't see how Cap and his bike get enough air to jump the fake gate.

Ugh