The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    You had me at Hello.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Apparently some TRU's and Wall-Marts are starting to get the Wave One "Man of Steel" Movie Masters, down in the States. Hopefully TRU Canada will get the stock in...but we only managed to get the Batman "The Dark Knight Rises" Movie Masters, in the two stores that I frequent. Never got anything else. So I might end up getting Superman and Jor-El online.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i did see a few of the Man of Steel Movie Master figures at my local wal mart yesterday. Superman looked very nice. i may go back and pick him up later today.

4. cooleddie74

More Endor AT-AT sightings at Toys 'R' Us stores across the country. If you haven't yet seen the new vehicle pop up on a store shelf in your area then keep your eyes open. With the right combo of online and/or printed coupons and Rewards card points you might be able to snag this bad boy for way less than $100.

One guy found his for a little more than sixty bucks after all his coupons were factored in.

5. golddragon71

golddragon71 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

just snagged Playmates Casual Kirk
    [​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

I love those Trek figures from different toy companies. If you have more of other characters then please, by all means, post them!

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yes! I found the second wave of Batman Unlimited today

First up is Batman from Frank Miller's seminal The Dark Knight Returns:
    [​IMG]

This is the first DC figure to use the bulkier Masters of the Universe Classics body. It's perfect for the look of Batman from this story, though.

Next we have Planet-X Batman:
    [​IMG]

Funny how the name and bio on the package talk of this as the goofy Planet-X version from the silver age, yet this figure is very clearly meant to be the Batman of Zur En Arrh from Grant Morrison's Batman R.I.P. I guess the thought of Batman hiding an alternate personality inside his head that turns him into a savage maniac with Bat-mite as his hallucinated spirit-guide is a bit much for kids. Oh, and Bat-mite! This is one of the most awesome accessories possible.

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah I saw a funny picture with the Batman head off and the He-Man head on and thought...this is like a dream come true! LOL. I want to get that Batman. He looks more impressive than the other one released.

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

C is for Cookie, and Clintasha! They try to steal the yummy black and white cookies I bought today. Not. Cool.

[​IMG]

10. cooleddie74

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlW3QCR8Rg[/yt]

:)

11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. OdoWanKenobi

Heads up: Tomorrow is the official street date for the Man of Steel figures. Check your toy retailers, especially if you want Jor-El. He's one per case. Joy. :rolleyes:

13. cooleddie74

My close buddy down in Florida was in a Walmart this afternoon and witnessed a mother and her child deliberately vandalizing Star Wars and other action figures because collectors like my friend "hog all the toys for themselves and won't let kids have them, so nobody's going to have them now!"

:wtf:

My friend recorded some of the good ol' fashioned family vandalism on his iPhone and turned it over to the store manager and the local cops for investigatory and prosecution purposes. He'd have sent it to me to send to the Star Wars collecting sites so they could discuss the criminal activity and irresponsible parenting, but he doesn't have possession of the phone footage anymore.

Wow. That kid was a brazen and stupid little brat, but his mother was a real turd for encouraging it and participating.

14. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

By vandalism, do you mean they were causing actual damage to the toys? It seems like that's both a bold and stupid move to do in a public store.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Funny thing is, if there were Star Wars toys on the shelf, they were most likely ones that collectors don't want.

16. cooleddie74

Yes. Destroying the packaging and stepping on and damaging the figures after they fell out.

Here's what my friend said he saw the brat turd kid and his mom vandalize:

-Deleted Scenes Luke
    -Sandstorm Leia
    -Sandstorm Lando
    -Colonel Cracken
    -Mon Calamari Pilot
    -Ratts Tyerell
    -Bespin Han Solo
    -Barriss Offee
    -Rebel Fleet Trooper
    -Logray

Along with a few others in the Darth Maul 2012-style packaging, but he can't remember if they were Clone Wars, Movie Heroes or the Walmart-exclusive figures with the 3-D glasses.

17. Admiral_Young

@OdoWan...thanks for the heads up! Looks like it'll be a trip to the comic shop on the weekend.

18. OdoWanKenobi

^It's a good weekend for a trip to the comic shop, since Saturday is Free Comic Day. :D

19. Admiral_Young

^ I keep forgetting that..but you're right!

20. cooleddie74

A whimsical and just plain terrific animated take on the classic Kenner action figure packaging's "92 Back" design from the 1984-85 period right before the original Star Wars toy lines ended.

I love the amusing interpretations of the characters and original figures with the fun little details and twists the artist endeavored to slip into the image so fans and collectors would have a lot of fun looking at this thing.

Enjoy! :)

[​IMG]