Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Last two posts :p

2. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

Let's stop it happening again, and just post the image itself, ja? :)

[​IMG]

[Incidentally, they note it's not quite locked - CBS haven't signed off on it yet]

3. Andrew Woodall

Andrew Woodall Commander Red Shirt

Some of the prototype and preproduction shots coming out of Eaglemoss since the launch have been great, the Akira just makes me giddy, its been so long to see an official model/toy of this.

I'm a subscriber in the UK, so after Issue 1 I receive two at a time and my refit Ent and Bird of Prey arrived yesterday. At the moment you can still find these in the WHSmith chain, so I've picked up a few extra Refit Ents and Ent-D's while I can.

I love this collection, ok so the refit Ent was slightly disappointing compared with the D and the BOP. The issues over the next few months look fantastic, the NX-01, Defiant and Reliant all look fantastic.

I've been a serial ship collector since someone gave me a cheepy Ertl Ent-A from ST:V, like some other posters here I've got them all, Micromachines, model kits, Furuta, Rommando, Johnny Lightning. Hallmark, Corgi, Hot Wheels, AA/DST. To say this Eaglemoss collection has me excited is an understatement, to any fan who has literally bought whatever has been released (and sometimes more often than not struggled to get stuff in the UK even via eBay), this collection is a massive deal. We're going to see ship designs never seen before.

If they can do the full run of Starfleets on screen ships (with perhaps the exception of a few of the frankenfleet ships from the DW) I'll be very happy.

4. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

That's looking very good :techman::bolian::drool:

5. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

Tru Dat!!!

Akira is one of my favorite classes, and probably the first/second one of this series I will buy...

6. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

That model looks gorgeous!

Ever since those beauty shots of the Akira kicking ass during the Battle of Sector 001 in First Contact it has been one of my favorite ship designs. I got goosebumps every time I watch that scene and whenever the Akira showed up on DS9 and Voyager.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I wonder what the sales figures are going to be for the Akira issue :lol:

Well we only have to the end of January until it's out.

8. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the secondary ship designs sell out the "hero ships" of Star Trek, just because it's so rare for them to be featured in any merchandise.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Exactly, there's been almost a total lack of Akira in any proper toy line, this is a high detail die cast model, they'll sell like mad.

I do want a Steamrunner nearly as much though, don't ask me why.

10. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I would get this Magazine combo just for a decent Akira!

Not to rivet count, but do the Bussard Domes look right on this replica?

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They seem okay to me. They were pretty much just red domes, as far as I can recall.

Yeah, I really wish PL did their 1:1000 Akira they hinted at a few years back. Would have been a really great kit to build. Oh well...

12. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

13. Andrew Woodall

Andrew Woodall Commander Red Shirt

In my very small rural corner of Sector 001 its going to be a sales winner...if WHSmith continue to sell them when we reach that issue.

I have my subs issue coming, but for the Akira issue, and Defiant and Jem'Hadar issue I'm going to ask a local news agent to order them in for me if WHSmith do ditch having it every month.

14. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

This collection best sell well so they get to do all of them. :)

This is like starship addict crack, you know?

Waiting eagerly!

Sadly the first ships up are ones I have in various sizes already; they always do the old stalwarts first. But even they look good from the photos I've seen.

Anyone gotten any of their ships yet? I've seen people post pics of them bought from stores already. Bit irritated subscribers aren't getting them first. Though it could just be certain outlets not obeying release schedules.

Oh, also, if anyone is as much of an addict as me that they even want nuTrek stuff, the Wal-Mart collectors edition of STID has a 1:50 scale Vengeance from the hot wheels line. Dunno if it'll ever get it's own solo release.

15. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

The UK release is a couple of months ahead of the US release (plus a few got the first five ships from the test run).

1:50? One per shop, huh? ;)

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Pfft! Total rip-off of the NX-01.

17. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No it's not, it's...
    *flips picture upside-down*
    MY GODS!

18. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

:lol: Well played! Such memories...

(On an unrelated note... that other nacelle on the side of the picture is from the perviously-seen Equinox, right?)

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Looks like it, yeah. The Ferengi Marauder is on the other side.

20. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral