The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Jack Black?

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ No, he's doing the Green Lantern reboot.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm playing The Riddler.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which what just about every sentient being in the universe said about Heath Ledger as the Joker. Yeah, that one really backfired too. :rolleyes: Let's see how things turn out, ok?

I mean, I get it when Michael Bay makes a new flick and people say it's going to suck, because... well, it's Michael Bay, he only understands hot women and explosions. But in his entire career, Christopher Nolan has made many, many great films, with actors cast in parts that fit them. So, making a comment where you say you KNOW that this will be not as good as TDK is a bit over the top really. We have no idea yet what it's going to be like. I mean, people are moaning because it's Bane and Catwoman, two iconic villians/characters in Batman, who they are afraid will be ruined for this film.
    But for God's sake people, get of your high horses and get over yourselves!! Hold out judgement untill AFTER you've seen the film, ok?

6. JacksonArcher

Plus, I'm being told that Hathaway is this film's Joker. So apparently her performance is very good. I don't think we have anything to be worried about.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Catwoman is secretly the Joker?! Talk about a huge spoiler! :eek:

8. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

Ugh...

First off, think of a different frigin argument, you people can never come up with anything original....

Second, you're comparing Anne Hathaway to Heath Ledger? Bitch, please....The dude is an Academy Award Winning Actor...Celebrated for more movies than just TDK. What's she done? Take her clothes off?....Yeah..That's about it...

Yeah, we'll see how things turn out. The movie will be worth the watch, but if it sucks for any reason whatsoever, it'll be her fault...And you all know it....

Fact (Of The Horrible Actress Variety)

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Uh, I think she's sorta famous for more than taking her clothes. She's not even noted for that. Not the first thing that pops into mind when the name "Anne Hathaway" comes up.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Anne Hathaway, and I have a hard time picturing her as Catwoman, but I feel confident saying that she won't ruin this movie.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

He'll be played by Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp.

Complete with mid-film blackification.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - Santayana

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm sure Robin could have worked.

[​IMG]

And maybe Batgirl...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

That would be the same Anne Hathaway who shared the screen with Ledger in Brokeback Mountain? Who held her own opposite Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada? Who got an Oscar nomination for Rachel Getting Married? Who hosted the Oscars last year? Who got a Golden Globe nomination for Love and Other Drugs? And a British Independent Film Award for Becoming Jane?

Yes. Clearly famous only for taking her clothes off. :rolleyes:

Oh and Ledger was only an Oscar winning actor after he'd been in TDK, not before. So at this stage, yes, Anne's career is comparable to his, as is the carping of fanboys this time round.

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ Love and Other Drugs... One of Anne's best and a great movie in general.

15. JacksonArcher

Marry me.

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Boob shaped chest armor for the win. :rolleyes:

17. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow... I mean, really wow. That is what your entire reasoning is based on? That she took her clothes of in one movie? Have you even seen some of the work she has done outside the Princess Diary movies? This woman has proven that she can act, just as well as Heath Ledger has. Maybe she didn't get an Acadamy Award, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of actors and actresses out there that we consider proven thespians (yes, big word, I know. Look it up) who have never won any kind of award.

So many actresses have been naked on film. Hell, Hally Berry took her top of in two movies, and she has one of those little statues that set your standard for how well someone can act.

PS: Anyone who uses a 'bitch please' in an discussion, should really not get involved in grown-up talks.

18. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Before TDK, Ledger had been nominated for one Oscar and one Golden Globe. Hathaway has been nominated for one Oscar and two Golden Globes. Hathaway FTW!

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Riddler will likely be one of the first villains used for the next reboot. Him or Cobblebot/Penguin cause those were staples not used during Nolan's films. My guess anyway.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obvious troll is obvious? :confused:

I mean newb poster trying to start shit with completely false facts... Just sayin.