The Improving the JJprise thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Lord Garth FOI, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Since the new film is coming to production thought it might be fun to rehash an old topic a bunch of us tossed around over at Trekweb when the Galactaprise was first unveiled

A few of us took it upon ourselves to make some improvements (or what we thought were improvements) to the percieved asthetic design flaws such as the skinny secondary hull, conecting dorsal set too far back (pushing the secondary too far forward under the saucer), Blue naccles, ect. Besides since nearly 5 years will have have passed since the first film it's time to think about a refit

So lets have some fun and see what you have and here your comments. Considering I am in the new E measuring 1200 meters camp thanks to King Daniel, I based my designs on that approx length

here are a few of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

very nice improvements there :techman:

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The art itself is stunning. But improvement.... all I see is a rework of the Connie, which some people will like, some will love and some hate.

Still, your skill at drawing is undisputed, this is amazing.

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What I see here is a fascinating blend of the TOS, TMP, and STXI Enterprises. It's a very worthwhile take on the ship. Thanks for sharing!

5. Lord Garth FOI

That my friend is the point of the thread. I am not asking to see odd new designs like Next Gen style Christmas ornament looking ships. Take the JJ Prise and make some tweeks to it and have some fun in the process. JJprise is a rework of the Connie

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only thing I'd is add some mass to the Engineering hull, like so:
    [​IMG]

The rest of the ship is fine as is.

7. Lord Garth FOI

Wow I think I have seen that before and yes iit makes all the world of difference.

Did you do that yourself or borrow the pic?

8. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I made a while ago for a similar thread that was in the STXI forum. I had to put the regular Abramsprise engineering hull there for comparison because people kept saying they didn't notice a difference :lol:

9. Lord Garth FOI

Well it's all kinds of awesome!! Very talented and spot on to what I meant about what to me is the biggest JJprise design flaw, that dildo looking secondary hull

Do you have the ability to move the secondary hull back a few butthairs along the connecting dorsal so the secondary hull doesn't sit so far forward under the primary hull??

10. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

I'd slim those engines. Also, I don't buy that 1,200 meter length. Hell, what would explain that huge of a size increase?

Also, lose the tail fins.

11. Lord Garth FOI

The official size of the ship from the production team was originally supposed to be 1200 meters. All the space shot effects were shot to that scale, while the ground shots were shot at a smaller scale. They decided on 760something meters which does not jibe with the size of the bridge nor the size of the hanger deck. Both of which clearly show the 1200 meter size scale.

Besides Kirk should always have a bigger meaner ship than Captain Tea sipper

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome version of the Enterprise there :) :techman:

13. judexavier

judexavier Commander Red Shirt

Really nice drawings! I like your nacelle shapes in the bottom one, how the bussards are sort of blended in.

14. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Here's improving the JJprise: ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Seems to me they should have used the TOS Enterprise as their starting point, not the TMP one as they clearly did. :shrug:

Assuming we're pretty much stuck with this ship hardware-wise, they could at least add the TOS-style pennant (seen on a couple of the JJshuttlecraft) to the nacelles and the two opposing "NCC-1701" to the saucer underside. Maybe even the triangles if you can work out a reason for them to be there (the saucer already has landing gear).

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

beautiful :adore:

also if anything should have used the one from Gabe Koerner as his concept looks alot like the TOS version IMHO

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think there's a "should have" here.

In any event, here's the closest thing to a contribution I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The Castellan

See, that one does not look like ass anymore. I'd have the engines slimmed down, take away the strips on the engine domes, and take away the tail fins, and it's all good. :bolian:
    Where'd you get that mesh from?

19. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I made it, thanks. I like the JJPrise much better, myself, but this was fun to build. I learned a lot about subpatching.

20. The Castellan

Ehhh, felt the ship should not be "meaner", and what's wrong with a tea sipper? I like tea sippers. At this rate, Picard's ship in this universe is going to be the size of Vader's ship.

Plus I've always felt Jar Jar sorta pulled the size of the ship out of his ass, since he and the production team can't seem to agree on anything, so they figured it will sound 'kewl' if it's a big honking vessel.