stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Lethe

Lethe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello everyone! Another looooong time fan brought out of lurkerdom by my intense love of the new movie, and the fact that no one I know wants to talk about it! Principally addicted to TOS, but thanks to the Scifi channel's mini marathons, my love for TNG is deepening!

Now I'm off to read the TOS boards... see you around!

2. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Welcome Lethe!
    How long hawe you been lurking this board? -not to be overly curious, just to figure out how well you know us! -you know!-?

3. Lethe

Lethe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello! I've been lurking since seeing the movie. I started reading over at imdb but wanted more, i tell you... MORE! :guffaw:

The movie has been a fantastic way of rediscovering TOS for me. Right after seeing it I came home and started rewatching the old episodes looking for what might have prompted/inspired certain things in the movie.

4. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Welcome Lethe!

You're not the only one; Lots of people around here (more than usual) have been watching a lot of TOS recently (myself included, but that's also b/c I haven't seen all of the remastered episodes yet) :bolian:

5. Braindeer

Braindeer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone :)

I'm new! Hooray! I've loved Star Trek for as long as I can remember thanks to BBC2's constant re-runs of all the incarnations! I'm a TOS girl primarily, but TNG comes a close second. I also (controversially, perhaps!) enjoyed Enterprise...to a point. The theme tune was my favourite part... ;)

Anyway. Watching the new movie filled me with a new love for Trek and led to a certain amount of dissatisfaction with my friends' stamina when it comes to in-depth discussion on the finer points of the show. They get bored pretty quick. So I have turned to the internet. Don't let me down...!

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome! As another BBC-indoctrinated Trek fan, I can empathise. Hope you enjoy posting here!

7. StarTrekFan

StarTrekFan Ensign Newbie

Greetings to all...

I am StarTrekFan...

Ever since I saw the Star Trek movie prequel to the original series, it sparked a little interest in me...

and since I'm a huge Star Wars fan... I'd thought since I've seen the Star Trek movie, I'd give this site a try...

Hope to make some friends here & talk to you all...

Feel free to contact me...

8. Holdfast

^ I can't believe that username wan't already taken!

Welcome! :cool:

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

^ I thought it would have been one of the first ones! :)

Welcome one and all.

10. strikesback5

strikesback5 Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, I'm new here.

11. VulKhan

VulKhan Lieutenant Red Shirt

"Beam me up, Scotty!"

Hi everybody,

I have been a massive Star Trek fan since I was a little kid, I LOVE the original series from the 60s and the movies 1-6 and the new one. The 7th film was nice, too, cause Kirk was still in. The other three, Voyager and Nemesis and that, is not so much my cup of tea, I'm not that interested in those, cause to me Star Trek means the original Enterprise crew and Spock, Kirk and McCoy. Don't blame me for it, please, those three and their ship was simply what Star Trek was all about for me when I was a little kid, y'know. Espacially Spock, he's definitely my hero, so to speak. Just the greatest. As for my username, I tried to have both Spock/Vulcan and Khan in it, whom I find great. The best and most personable villain in film history ever and apart from that, he was simply looking so darn handsome in this movie! :grin: Love him so much!!
    The Wrath of Khan is my fav of all the Star Trek movies.

12. Australis

Ah, strikesback5, been and gone so young...

VulKhan, welcome to our little conclave. You like WoK? You'll fit right in. While I am a big fan of Voyager, I very much think, to each their own (never a big DS9 fan, me).

13. VulKhan

VulKhan Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks for the nice welcome, Australis! ;)

14. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi pretty little newbies!

15. shinri

shinri Ensign Red Shirt

Hi guys.

Brand-new here and have lurked for a few hours before taking the plunge. I spent my teens watching TNG, so that is the series I relate to the most. I've slowly gotten into TOS thru the movies. The most recent movie has rekindled my interest in the franchise, and so I'm about to re-watch my TNG DVDs soon. I'm also currently re-reading Shatner's book "Get A Life!" every night before going to bed.:)

16. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ Welcome, you live about 30 mins away from me :)

17. SVD

SVD Captain Captain

The beautiful Sacramento Valley near Chico, CA
    Let's see, the introductory post...Here goes:

For short: call me SVM or whatever you want to call me

Star Trek experience:

Grew up watching TNG (and a side of DS9) in syndication and Voyager on UPN, when the TV happened to be on the show. When I saw "All Good Things.." in 1997 (I was in 5th grade), I cried when I learned that that was the last ep of the series.

In 1999, I started watching Voyager as an avid fan, making it a point to tune in every week. Disheartened that Voyager was gone after "Endgame," I didnt get into Enterprise until about season 3, but was left cold by the too-soon end and the "Temporal Cold War" arc

Since that time, I've had "On" periods; when I've gone searching through my satelite TV programing guide for brand-new-to-me TOS (great stuff, I learned) and unseen-by-me Voyager, & TNG; and "Off" periods, when I grew tired of watching and thus didnt watch.

What brought me to be fan enough to join these boards? For better, for worse: the Abrams movie (Which I'll post my thoughts on tomorow)

Where you may have seen me before:

I tried to register for the boards under my standard name, SacValleyDweller, but it wouldnt fit in the blank, thusly something close was in order, ergo, SacmtoValleyMan.

I have posted/am active on the folowing sites and was/am a fan of the shows they cover

Heroes
    9thwonders.com
    heroeswiki.com

Lost
    lostpedia.com

Moonlight, New Amsterdam, The Dresden Files, Mentalist
    thebluewhalepub.com

Knight Rider (2008)
    knightrideronline.com
    --(formerly active -- show canceled)

Humorous aside: It took me long enough to formulate/type this that I got timed-out and had to re-log in.

18. Holdfast

*waves at teh noobs*

Welcome!

19. Australis

Hi, all new guys.

20. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome everyone!