Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Chuck and Grimm return in Dec, as Dorian Harewood (annoucer) said on both their end credit studio logos.
    Next week is Thanksgiving weekend.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Given the current Misc avatar contest RJDiogenes should appreciate parts of this ep. :p

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

do we know what kinda monster he is? :confused::confused::confused:

4. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

It seems they're borrowing from sources such as Vampire: the Masquerade and whatnot and having each city or state ruled by the local bad-ass. This episode showed us that Renard (the Fox?) is the prince -- for a lack of a better term at the moment -- of Portland at the very least.

Monsters seem to be much more common and far more integrated into society than we may be assuming as well. Nick's running into them an awful lot now that he can see them, though I wish they'd explain that special vision a bit more clearly. It doesn't really make a lot of sense as is.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Ah, are they doing a riff on Frog Prince. I definitely must check that out. :D

6. js

js Captain Captain

His name is likely the hint.

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

THAT'S the show I was thinking of when Renard was speaking to the Grimm Reaper (I love that pun). Shame the death of the lead actor of that show prevented it's continuation.

8. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm going to stop watching this show if they keep messing up the police work. There's no way a policeman (Russell Hornsby) would hop over a fence, jump through an open window belonging to a suspect in the case he is working on. Sure, he found those 3 captured girls, but that is totally against the law without a warrant or specific probable cause!

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about the first episode, when they break into some guy's home, attack him, and when he fights back and tries to flee, they shoot him down like a dog? :rommie:

Wow, are they lucky the found the girl in the basement, or they'd be up for Murder One. Even so, their ahem policing technique should have raised some eyebrows. That's some Gestapo shit.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

yeah, the girls might be saved, but the case against the perp is busted.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Okay, so not exactly The Frog Prince. :rommie:

This was pretty good, questionable police work aside. They do manage to capture that Fairy Tale ambiance still. The richness and color saturation of the garden was beautiful.

The weird thing is that the guy grabbed a bunch of stuff from his bureau when he fled, but he left the special frogs behind. Was he lying when he said they are endangered? Does he know how to get more (perhaps through the Frogomorph network)? What will become of the ones he left behind?

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am so enjoying this show besides the bad cop writing. though I would love to see some character deveolpment when it comes back.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Why would anyone watch this show for the cop stuff and care if it was right? It isn't Dragnet or Law and Order. Its about a guy who hunts down fairy tale monsters.

14. sojourner

^Because the mistakes are painfully obvious.

15. Nerys Myk

Still not seeing why anyone would care in a show like that.

16. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

Probably because it was based more upon Bluebeard instead.

17. Temis the Vorta

When someone like me, who isn't a cop, isn't remotely familiar with police procedures, and doesn't watch cop shows, can tell something is total BS, then it's a problem. I don't expect a documentary, but I do expect that the allegedly real parts of the show to be passable as reality.

Then again, I think I might be dropping this show in the new year. It just isn't developing beyond the usual network fodder and I've just about lost interest.

Grimm gets a full season order and Thurs 10pm tryout.

Not surprising - NBC doesn't have a whole lot going for them.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  18. Nerys Myk

I guess I'm different. On a show like Grimm, expecting the cops following the rules of real life cops is like expecting good science in Michael Bay SF Summer blockbuster.

19. Temis the Vorta

I don't expect anything from a Michael Bay summer blockbuster. That falls below my tolerance level so I won't watch it in the first place. But maybe I should admit that Grimm also falls below my tolerance level.

20. sojourner

I expect a reasonable suspension of disbelief from a tv show. If the cops are shooting unarmed people in the back and not getting in trouble for it - suspension broken.