Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If demons couldn't resist a summoning, it would be a little too easy to kill them off. Trying to break Dean's contract? Summon Lilith into Bobby's panic room and shoot her with the Colt. Problem solved.

Demons must have some ability to resist.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Also, haven't we seen someone doing a summoning spell without the demon showing up? Might have been Sam/Dean with Crowley, too.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, Crowly being a regular certainly makes next season more intriguing. Sounds like we'll be season Sam/Cass versus Dean/Crowley. :D

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I decided to wait till the whole season was over and watch Season 9 via binging. And over the last week I've done just that. Finished.

Not bad, not bad. I read somewhere that it could have done with less monster-of-the-week episodes, which now I find a bit odd as it seemed there were plenty of "mythology" episodes actually. The standalones were all more or less watchable, I was only really bored during that vampire episode near the end.
    (I'll also admit I skipped the Bloodlines one. I was in a rush to finish the season and seeing how bad the reviews were of it I left it behind. I might watch it for a laugh at some point in the future)

Not really much to say what others haven't said above, usual odd-season-ending-with-one-of-them-dying. Groan. It is kinda the same thing over and over, is there any word yet of Season 10 is to be the last?

I did think of this episode/scene again near the end, and I always thought it would've been cool if this actually played out.
    Season 5 "The End"
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN653Yru-NY[/yt]
    Dean: You better kill me now!
    Sam/Lucifer: Pardon?
    Dean: You better kill me now. Or I swear, I will find a way to kill you. And I won't stop.
    Sam/Lucifer: I know you won't. I know you won't say yes to Michael, either. And I know you won't kill Sam. Whatever you do, you will always end up... here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up... here. I win. So, I win.
    Dean: You're wrong.
    Sam/Lucifer: See you in five years, Dean.

That line always stuck with me. "Whatever you do, you will always end up... here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up... here."
    If somehow Lucifer escaped and was once again the Big Bad, and that 5 year date could have ended the show with Season 9 in 2014, with seasons 6-8 slowly building up to it.
    I suppose yeah it would be something the show already did, but just saying I love that scene.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

So far nothing indicates that season 10 is the final season.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I remember reading something at the end of Season 8 where the writers said that this was the first season of an intended trilogy to finish the show.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The new season introduces a monster who just kills his opposition instead of throwing them against walls and tying them to chairs. Series ends after one episode. :D

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

But the DVD set will have 25 hours of extras.