Dark of the Moon

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Mar 15, 2013.

1. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

How about Enceladus, With Saturn in the distance... that could be slick.

--Alex

3. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1687 x 949 ? odd screen size.

4. MadMan1701A

Good idea!

Crap, Photobucket resized it! I'll have to host it on my site, and post a new link. :)

-Ricky

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ya dont have to but how about flying over at night over a Pokemon Battle Staduim?

6. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

For the next, what do you think about to put the ship going to the direction of Jupiter´s red eye, from where you can see an enemy coming?
    or... something with Uranus or Neptune as a background, planets we don´t see often. ;)

7. MadMan1701A

Ooh, I like the idea of Jupiter's Eye... I'm going to try something out tonight. :)

-Ricky

8. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out the nacelles. The outer side of the left nacelle is exactly the same as the inner side of the right nacelle. They look strange from that angle. In some ways, they look flat at the top (near the front) but by the time you get to the rear of the nacelle, it looks more vertical. It's got a strange optical illusion effect.

9. Colonel Midnight

Colonel Midnight Vice Admiral Premium Member

How about something with Io in the background? (With a volcano or two erupting... sort of like the shot of the Enterprise rising up from the 'mists of Titan' in the first Abrams movie.)

Cheers,
    -CM-

10. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A nice combo of the Ent-A and the JJ-Prise. In fact I prefer it to the latter. I'd use it as a wallpaper.

Keep up the good work. :)

11. MadMan1701A

Yeah, they are definitely different. :) They are kind of triangular in shape... maybe these images will help. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the comments, guys... the Io idea is great, too!

-Ricky

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

your Ship is awesome :3

13. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think she looks great, and I like the nacelles you came up with. :)

But I thought you agreed that she should have additional phaser banks, mounted in areas similar to the Prime Verse refit.

It really isn't a good thing to leave the secondary hull without phaser coverage.

14. MadMan1701A

Yeah, I did. I was in a hurry to finish it, though, and forgot to add them. :)

It shouldn't be hard to add them in, the next time I build an image that would show them.

-Ricky

15. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ I figured as much. Which I think is a bit of a shame, because I knew you could do so much better. I keep looking at the nacelles, and keep thinking how much thought was put into them, but otherwise, for the most part, the upgrades look overall more akin to the difference between the original Constitution and the Archenar sub-class, as opposed to between the Constitution and Enterprise sub-class.

Though that is not to say I do not understand the appeal in trying to just get something done, and moving on. I myself am an artist! And I know how working on one project in particular can get repetitive, and you're eager to move on to a new project or idea!

I just keep thinking how even when comparing the original Constitution to the Phase II Major Upgrade, in addition to the new nacelles and the interconnecting torpedo launch module, she also has all of these new details, namely all these new visible phaser banks and torpedo launchers. I will also grant however that:
    1) The Churchprise has many of the elements pioneered with the Phase II and Proberts Refit, namely the horizontal bands on the edge of the saucer section, and
    2) The details that appears on the Phase II might depend on the set of schematics.

On a final note, I'm also thinking that since you are essentially re-inventing a legend, you should put in your best effort before calling her done. However, on a second note, I see nothing wrong with taking some time away from her, since you'll probably never really give her your best effort if you aren't having fun while doing so.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to express here (and oh dear, I think I might have gone off on a bit of tangent again! Sorry about that!:D).

16. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Interesting design, awesome HD composition. Smooth.