(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Switzerland seems to be losing against Luxembourgh - har har! :D

2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3-0 England.

Game over.

3. Roger Wilco

Luxembourg FTW!!

The way I know Luxembourg, that victory must really mean a lot to everybody who's interested in football over there; I love it. :)

4. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boy, I got this one wrong. So much for the Mighty Croatia Who Never Lose at Home.

Cue the papers who now go straight from "Hopeless England" headlines straight to "Move Over Spain, England Guaranteed to Take World Cup!"

Makes me laugh.

5. Angel4576

Yeah, agree with that. The fickle tabloids will no doubt already be creaming their pants.

Fair play though, it's a good result. The decision regarding tactics/selection by Capello has worked like a dream, helped by Croatia's strong-arm tactics.

No need to get carried away. Croatia will still figure as England will undoubtedly misfire at some point, probably against Ukraine, or possibly even Belarus.

6. Angel4576

4-1

Walcott hat-trick. Think he's justified his selection somewhat.

7. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

1-4. Crikey.

It's the right night for this sort of result. Bosnia beat Estonia 7-0 and Luxembourg won their first ever international game ever. Amazing.

Still. 1-4.

8. Roger Wilco

Does noone care about Luxembourg here? The victory against Switzerland must be the most important game since at least a decade for them, you heartless bastards. ;)

edit: ok, HappyDayRiot cares at least, good for you. :)

9. Angel4576

All this talk of the supercollider in Geneva possibly destroying the planet; anyone else think that we've all been sucked into an alternate reality instead? Apt that it should be Switzerland who get done by Luxembourg! :lol:

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

So pleased to be wrong and so proud of ENG after basically months and months of despair. What a display and my hates off to Capello cause I didn't have Walcott in my squad, he was brilliant tonight. I think its safe to say clear red card for Kovac and Croatia had a chip on there shoulder all night long.

Rooney had his best game in along time involved with 3 of the goals (set up 2 directly) and scoring his own after a wonderful pass by Jenas. James still looks shaky and needs to be replaed after Hart is done with the U21 next summer.

Just a wonderful wonderful game from ENG. :drool:

11. Angel4576

Interesting to see what Bilic thinks.

12. RaulMacca

RaulMacca Vice Admiral Admiral

Capello always does it, give hi'm a turd and he'll win things with it, still early in the group mind but only the little englanders can say tonights result isn't the best for england in like...since they won the world cup.

Scotland have gone backwards under the new manager, Now I for one knew before the group started we could not win it but second place is going to be hard to get when you barely get past Iceland.

If Capello Managed scotland we'd win the world cup, sadly we cannot afford anyone better than Burley, I'd have given Butcher the job before "lets not pick scotlands only decent striker" Burley

As for Wales talk about bad luck but they gave it hell of a go.

Still I just want the internationals to go away so the proper football can resume.

13. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some people say that soccer is boring what with the draws and all that, but the 3-3 of Finland vs Germany tonight was one of the best and most exciting matches I remember. Finland went on the attack from minute one and Germany equalized three times. Simply an awesome game to watch.

14. GMac

GMac Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, fancy that! England looking competent at football..... I suspect most fans would have settled for a draw out there given Croatia's home record, but 4-1? :eek: Has to be their best result since that night in Munich a few years ago....

GM

15. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, I checked the headlines on sky, expecting England to draw or lose barely, imagine my disbelief at the headline "Theo Hat trick sinks croatia". I had to do a read it twice to be sure I wasn't mistaken.

Good job Theo, I was sort of expecting Capello to play it safe and go with Beckham, I hope this does Theo some good, despite his growth over the past year I still think suffers from a lack of confidence somewhat.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

New av just to remind you all that he's ours! :p

THEO!!!!

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Maybe the LHC should be fired before every England game?

18. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

"I wish I'd taken that West Ham job."

19. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Well I might have to become a West Ham fan now that Zola has taken the job. Love that gorgeous Italian.

20. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Good 'ol Theo, there's that Southampton quality coming through ;)