PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had red hair, and blue hair when I was a teen. It never went that well though, always looked stupid.

Also if you have long blond hair, dying it is a bad idea because there is no way to go back. You can at least dye hair brown or black, but you can't dye it realistically natural blond. You have to just grow it out which can take years, or look like a fake blond, which is the worst, especially for a guy and especially when you know you are a real blond.

I've gone back to being short haired anyway now, long hair is a pain in the arse.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I never look good with long hair, but it's far less of an issue anyways since my hairline's receded with age. I could pull of thick and shaggy when I was in my teens and twenties but never long.

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I did some red streaks in my hair awhile back but I think that's as crazy as I get. Having dark hair means it's harder to dye it and I really don't like the idea of bleaching my hair.

4. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Cool hair!

Also Kestra: I know that feel. I've given up dyeing it. I tried it a few weeks back because i'd cut most of my hair of, so if it looked terrible it wouldn't matter. But the color I got was nowhere near as red and funky as advertised on the box. We will just have to face the fact that dark hair is way cooler than any other color, dyeing it is made impossible for that reason. ;P

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel stupid. Who is the statue of?

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it's Freddie Mercury.

7. Pingfah

You're off my christmas card list that I was planning to put you on! :klingon:

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Yeah, unfortunately, you really have to bleach. My hair is really dark brown, so I have to bleach it for about an hour and it still comes out a pale orange most of the time. Bleaching can be a pain, and it definitely does a lot of damage, but since my hair is pretty short and I only do streaks I don't mind. Plus, the vibrant colors that come with bleach are totally worth it!

9. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

So you won't be adopting the Erin Esurance look.

10. Kestra

Sorry! It's Freddie Mercury.

When I did the red streaks I actually managed it without bleach but yeah, it wasn't as shocking a color. The problem is if I had bleached it, the color would start running out and then I'd just b left with blonde streaks.

I want a Christmas card! Also don't be such a snob.

11. Pingfah

No problem, you're on my Christmas Card list!! :)

Right, that's the last straw, you're OFF my Christmas Card list! :klingon:

12. Kestra

13. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Awesome pics MLB, I can't wait for my boys to get older and do the whole Stadium Tour. I like how early you get to the park, I love to watch ground crews work.

14. thestrangequark

Oh hell no.

In my experience, it depends on the dye you use. Manic Panic is semipermanent, so it does start to fade after a couple washings, but it generally stays colored and doesn't go back to blonde unless you're using something really pale like bubblegum pink. I've used 5 of their dyes...bubblegum pink hardly colored my hair at all. Shocking blue looks great but fades very quickly. Atomic turquoise (the blue in the photo) hardly fades at all, and same with the Hot Hot Pink in the photo.

15. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Awesome, indded. They are all great shots!!

16. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I can confirm that TSQ's hair looks even better in person. And that she's as lovely and smart and sweet in real life as she is here. :)

I can also confirm that The Seeker and his wife are also lovely, and that their little girl is so cute and adorable they're lucky I didn't sneak off with her. :shifty:

17. Kestra

Ahh so jealous! I want to meet them and you too!

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I've never had the opportunity to meet her but if her BBS and Facebook posts are any remote indicators then she must be very entertaining and educational to hang out with! The cute hair would just be a bonus.

I'd like to get tsq and Randi together in the same room and just watch and listen. I imagine two lively New York girls interacting could be quite illuminating. :)

19. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I'm jealous too but really glad you had a good trip!

20. thestrangequark

Awwww, thanks! :)

It was fabulous meeting you, though I'm afraid we may have bored your poor girl to death!