Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Mark Millar discusses Kick-Ass 2.

I really enjoyed the KA2 comic and will love seeing the big final battle between the heroes and villains in Times Square on the big-screen.

There is going to need to be a little sleight-of-hand when dealing with Hit-Girl, I would think. The KA2 comic takes place not long after the first, and yet Chloe Moretz is noticably older now than she was when filming the first Kick-Ass, as anyone who has seen Dark Shadows can attest.

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I'm interested in seeing how they deal with the dog decap, massacre of those seven year olds and Katie's rape.

Millar really upped the brutality ante in the sequel and he said those events will be included in the movie. Man, considering the way some readers threw a shit fit when Kick-Ass 2 #3 & 4 were published, I bet some of the more PC audience members will throw conniptions. :lol:

As for Chloe, can't they just Hobbitize her digitally to make her appear smaller?

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I'm really looking forward to the sequel film...I think Millar is going to have to alter the story for the script...unless he wants a NC-17 rating for the film.

4. Admiral James Kirk

There's nothing that really rates an NC-17. A dog head on a human corpse is pretty mild compared to the gory shit in the Saw series. Gunning down the toddlers can be done tastefully. The rape was off panel in the comic and is likely to be in the film as well. The rest is standard action violence. It's not half as grisly as people have made it out to be.

5. Admiral_Young

Millar could also write out the rape scene since he's already changed Dave and Katie's relationship in the film. Or it could be off camera as you suggest. Indeed. It's funny you mention the rest is standard action violence when Millar has been using the book as a social commentary about violence and how we perceive it in our society and culture. The escalation between Dave and Chris is one of the interesting things in the second volume. It's definitely going to be interesting to see how the film does...especially with a different director.

6. Admiral James Kirk

Well I don't think it should be written out. The fact that Dave and Katie are an item in the movie only makes it more disturbing and personal. You're really going to want to see Kick-Ass kick The Motherfucker's ass after that.

Besides I've seen Death Wish II which had a long, prolonged, extremely graphic, ten minute long gang rape scene. Then a few minutes later a catatonic woman gets raped. Then later on some thugs are trying to abduct and rape a woman. That shit was way more disturbing and graphic than anything Millar wrote.

It reminds me of the end of Batman Begins when Gordon brings up the subject of escalation with Batman. Of course, The Motherfucker escalates things to a level that even the Joker would consider crazy. :lol:

7. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think of Joker's escalation as well :)

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Now there's a quote you'd hate to see taken out of context.

9. Admiral James Kirk

Yeah. You know I really have to watch what I type when I'm on medication. :lol: Father of three here! I'm not that psycho! ;)

10. Maab of the Ten Tribes

Maab of the Ten Tribes Captain Captain

I was going to say "there's a quote you don't see everyday".

Anyway, yes, more Kick-Ass please and thank you.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

12. Admiral James Kirk

I knew that Chloe was coming back because a few days ago her brother twittered that he had been hired to executive produce. :)

13. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I thought the same thing when I read it!

14. Admiral James Kirk

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, um.... How are they going to handle the fact that Hit Girl has obviously.... "Developed" since the first movie?

What's that?!

Oh, yes, Mr. Hanssen. I'll sit down over there.

16. Admiral James Kirk

No, I understand. She's a pretty young lady indeed. :) Maybe they'll Hobbitize her. I dunno.

17. Gojira

I have not read the comics but is it really necessary to have Hit-Girl be the same age as she was in the original?

18. Admiral James Kirk

It's not essential to the story that she be the same age. But the character's novelty would be lost if she were an older teen. Instead of Batman in Robin's body, she becomes Buffy with a foul mouth.

19. Gojira

I see what you're saying. The novelty in her character was the fact that she was so young but could really kick anyone's ass. So if she is a teen doing that the novelty is gone.

20. Admiral James Kirk