Terminator-208 "Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 10, 2008.

?

Grade Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today

1. I'll be back. (Excellent)

64.6%
  2. Come with me if you want to live. (Above Average)

30.8%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

4.6%
  4. Hasta la vista, Baby. (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You are Terminated. (FAILURE)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

God that is one horrible piece of artwork.

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

i was figuring Ellison would tell Weaver about Cromartie, so when the GoodGuys show up to torch him, he's gone. I mean, Ellison is on the payroll and has bills to keep up with. Gotta do your job and all.

3. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

It just occurred to me, with all this talk of chips, hasn't Cameron been sort of "collecting" chips from all these dead terminators? When Sarah asked for the chip when they were burying Chromartie, Cameron just handed it over for Sarah to bash into oblivion... Could it be possible that she just handed over some lesser kill's chip and saved Chromartie's for some unforseen Cameron agenda? Pure speculation on my part, but I wondered if it weren't possible.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I suppose that it is possible, though I'm not too sure how likely it is. Here is a list of Cameron's Terminator Terminations:

Vick Chamberlain: Chip was recovered, but destroyed following his assimilation of John's laptop.

Greenway Terminator: Destroyed by Cameron, but the Chip port appeared to still be attached when Cameron lowered it into the Toxic Waste drum. T-888 chips are still attached to their port when removed.

Bedell Terminator: The Bedell Terminator's chip was destroyed by Reese's gunshots.

Victoria (The Amazon): Victoria's chip was of a different model than Cromarties and resembled Cameron's chip more that a T-888s.

5. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I'm not really sure I buy multiple processors since all the other Terminators that have been killed on the show haven't shown that kind of ability. It makes sense for such a thing to exist, but if they do that, it will conflict what has come before. Then again, I think the killing of the Ellison terminator conflicted T2.

6. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

Cromarte is still alive, he intercepted the Eliison-ator and swapped skins with him. Re-programmed it and sent it on a search and destroy, he is playing the long game and will be replacing Ellison soon.....

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There does appear to be three chip ports on the skull structure of the T-888 though if you look closely when they show the endoskeleton. There is a new documentary featured on YouTube that chronicles the T-888 series a bit more. I don't know if it's the same as the one from the DVD though.

Out of curiousity what do you believe conflicted with T2?

8. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I realize there's three ports, and I realize the people doing the designing were great thinkers (well, except for having all the redundancy in the same place). The writers just ignore the design to tell a story though because otherwise you'd think Vick would've come back to life when Cameron only took out one processor.

What I think conflicted with T2 is that Arnold's T-800 model was basically stabbed in the same area as the Ellison terminator, but he had a backup power source kick in. The Ellison terminator didn't appear to have the same ability, which seems strange for a more complex model.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ What it is though is that it appeared that Cromartie ripped out the power pack of the Ellisonator. It may have been possible that he disabled the secondary system too.

As for the chips well we just really don't know what they're going to do :).

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did i miss the bit where they hammered shaped charges of C4 into Cromati's eye sockets? Was there a whole in his head from the bank explosion still? Had Chet hollowed his brain pan out to make an ashtray?

A shotgun?

Christ give me strength.

I have always been of the inclination that terminators shrug off small arms fire with practically no incremental damage as a result of no matter what sort of deluge they have incoming at those calibres?

Was there something "special" in the shot gun shells?

Thermite?

Compare an ordinairy shotgun to that monster three times the size of Cameron that Derek was hefting around when he was teaching at the military academy?

The only reason you waste valuable running away time shoting at one of those metal bastrards is because the impact might make it fall over and the muzzel flash and the gun smoke might obscure their vision for a couple seconds, which helps with the running...

Even as a child watchign the fist movie I concluded that the flesh the terminator wore acted as a "sail" which is why they are so much more dangerous when they're not pretending to be human.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ The shells used were incendiary rounds, not standard shotgun shells.

12. Guy Gardener

This is what I get for watching tv before my morning coffee.

And they don't always use these why?

13. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Someone also posted an interview with one of the actors who said that they used shells with depleted uranium (which US main battle tanks currently use) to take out some of the Terminators.

14. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DU rounds depend upon kinetic energy. Shotguns compared to rifles are lightly made. Less velocity on the projectile the less effective a DU projectile is. Something like a .50 caliber with a DU tipped bullet makes sense not a shotgun slug. You don't bring shotguns when the enemy is wearing body armor. But they do make you look more badass then a machine pistol does on screen.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

That is a reference to the shells used to take down the Bedell Terminator.

16. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Behind the Scenes shots of Cromartie in Weaver's Lab have been posted to TerminatorFiles.

17. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can civilians even get depleted uranium shotgun shells?

18. Guy Gardener

Millions and millions of dollars in diamonds.

Considering the radiation and viral agents used in the war to wipe out man... Exactly how "dirty" are these people and everything they brought back with them?

Kyle's sperm gave Sarah cancer.

Hmmm.

The title is so cool. I doubt I ever would have got it by myself, since I've already seen the pilot far too many times..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  19. From what I had heard they were also composed of depleted uranium, which would have made them highly effective against armor, including that of a terminator.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Most likely no.