Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got my Odyssey. it is worth using as a Science captain versus my current D'Kyr ship?

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I have both faction flagships now.

3. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Is there a trick to doing the Q event Klingon side? I talk to him and he doesn't have quest in menu.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm having some technical difficulty with a quest, "The Other Side". Basically I've played through the mission of going into the mirror universe and retrieving the Bajoran orb, killed the bad guys and their ships. The only thing I have left to do is to return to our universe through the portal.

That's where the problems began. When I enter the portal I receive a big dialog box that says "Couldn't transfer character" and get kicked to the character selection screen. I tried logging in and found myself still in the mirror universe, so I went through the portal again and yet again I got kicked to the character selection screen. As its quite late, I went to bed and this morning I tried logging in. This time, I'm in sector space but the mission still requires me to enter the mirror universe portal, so I tried to continue the quest and yet again "Couldn't transfer character" and character selection screen. Now, I can't enter the quest to complete it. What should I do?

6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had this problem with another quest. I'm guessing this is a problem caused by the most recent update.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

She's a smart kid. She's in gifted math, science and reading. Plays the violin and piano. Is a gold level swimmer. Plays tennis. Previously did soccer. gynastics and taekwondo. Speaks 5 languages including Latin. In STARFLEET International, she holds the Order of Surak 1st Class.

http://www.sfi.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120&Itemid=326

I used to think I was smart until she came along. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  8. Rocketeer

There is an engineer standing in front of Q. Speak with her.

9. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Your not joking, apart from the tac station which gave me access to cannon scatter buff, it takes away a tac console, that was about it.......plus i might be imagining it, but moving and firing seemed to drain power a hell of a lot quicker than in the old crusier.

Still it's free, will have a better look at it when the server goes back up.

10. Rocketeer

I'm more impressed with the Odyssey than I thought I'd be. I like having two universal slots. I can see where a Tac or Sci might want to consider using the ship. A Sci character could slot 4 sci boffs. That would be interesting. It has one less Tac console slot than the Excelsior Refit, but a stronger hull and larger crew. For now, it's in my ship inventory and and I'm still in the Excelsior Refit (my engr).

Ironically, I heard a lot of characters complaining about the Odyssey. They didn't know it would be a cruiser. It's a Star Cruiser in fact. What's funny is its picture in the character gui is smaller than the normal Star Cruiser.

Added: I agree with Haggis and tatties. The power drain seems worse.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

did the Odyssey 'mission' this morning...

honest thoughts...

the mission... pretty disappointed actually, expected something a lot harder to get the ship... took me about 5 mins max... was thinking it was going to be a proper shake down cruise, not a 'point the sensors here' then 'blow this shit up' and congratulations...

The ship... honestly, meh... possibly because i'm only on a laptop here and can't see it in all it's high res beauty, but the main model looks pretty cool, i do like how the central 'neck' actually stretches around to the saucer section, rather than a standard solid column like most other ships... bit disappointed in the skins for it, you can only have the one setup for the ship, hope they bring out some more model changes for it in future...inside the ship as well... so far the only cosmetic change i've seen is the bridge, which i'll admit looks pretty cool... definitely influenced by the new ST film with the free floating displays around the bridge layout... also, is it me or does the bridge look absolutely huge compared to other bridges?

The engineering, quarters, engineering lab, med bay, crew bar, captains ready room... they're all exactly the same skin as before, not a single change... was hoping for something special there, hopefully to see the new 'warp core' in action in engineering, but it's just the same as before...

here's hoping they add some new bits to this in future...

M

13. Timelord Victorious

Expect the real interesting stuff to hit the C-Store next next month or so.
    If they fail to release a properly sized interior my ship will sport the upcoming Defiant interior which I expect with the release of the new Feature next week.
    That one is simply breathtaking and as IP accurate as the TOS bundle.

I also expect the inevitable +1 versions (yes plural) of the Odyssey to feature some stuff we have seen in the shakedown mission that was missing in the free watered down variant:
    An additional universal ensign station, a +30% disruptor resistance console (which will result in Klingons not using disruptors anymore in PvP), the yet unseen saucer seperation and the combat capable aux craft (similar to the Captain's Yacht and the Vulcan heal shuttle) .

I really hope we get a more streamlined size accurate complete modern cruiser ship interior with a better bridge as well.
    Dev's have hinted at a TNG style interior they have all but ready for release.

So far the celebrations lack a bit of Oomph, that last year's had with an all new ESD, unseen Q pranks and the fountain madness.
    Seriously, what is so difficult about programming a mariachi band playing on every corner of the big stations and matching music?

I really hope we get to see an appearance of the new Enterprise-F in all her glory and a meet and greet of her crew after all the hype.

Plus an updated version of the forgotten and deleted DS9 ground fleet action would be awesome.

14. Methos

yeah that'd be cool...

i will admit though, my excitement at getting the Oddysey ship was a bit masked by the news yesterday that the Vesta class ship would be making an appearence soon :)

Quoted from Mark Rademaker's blog...

So that's the one i seriously can't wait for :)

M

15. Timelord Victorious

Where does teh hype for the Vesta come from anyway? To me it looks like a well made fanship.
    Is there an obscure corner of Trek lore that I have missed?
    Anyway, it looks so much like the existing star cruiser designs, that it would be non practical to introduce it as anything other then a variant, either a simple skin or the inevitable +1 refit, which would step a bit on the toes of the new Odyssey, after the Odyssey just stepped on the toes of the starcruisers...

16. Methos

can't speak for others, but i just love the design of the ship... it's sleek and dangerous looking for a science class ship...

it's one i just fell in love with from the books, and just continued to love as i saw more renders of it coming out :)

M

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Everybody else getting the autofire bug were it wont work.

18. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Vesta ordinates from the Destiny Novels, which introduces the USS Aventine commanded by Ezri Dax. It's Starfleet's first starship designed around the Quantum Sliptream Drive.

His other ships have also been featured in the Novels or Calendars. For example the Meridian-class USS Planck appears in the new Star Trek: Voyager novels and first appeared in the Ships of the line calendar.

For more info: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Rademaker

19. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Theres also a really annoying bug in the Klingon mission Keeping your enemies closer where when you try to go to the starbase's shuttlebay control room you fall through the floor.

20. Rocketeer

At First City, if you fall over the rail near the crafting ingredient vendor you fall under the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.