The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. adamisme

adamisme Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i'm Adam 31 in the UK, been a big fan of Trek since most of the original series Films and the series that followed, did manage to see the original series on BBC 2 on occasion. But yeah I love Star Trek always have

2. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome to everyone! gird yer loins!:evil:

3. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've remained amazingly spoiler-free so far. All I know is two of the actors involved in the movie and I saw the first trailer way back when.

I'm going to see it tonight at a local cinema. They're showing it tonight in the English original, yay! :)

I'll look forward to being able to read this forum after I get back. :D

4. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

That was one of the best things about finally seeing the movie- I knew I had lots of threads at the BBS to catch up on.

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

CD! Hi, bunny!

6. Crusher Disciple

Hey! :D

I've gotta decide when I'm going to see the movie again.

7. Ransak

Ransak Ensign Newbie

Heya, I go by Ransak on the Interwebs. Long time lurker on this board and others. I attend the ST LV convention every year with my wife.

8. mythicdove

mythicdove Commander Red Shirt

Hi I found the board about 4 days ago, and joined today.

I'm dove (also known as Kathy), I've been watching TOS since the 70s when I was a little dove and watched TNG in the 80s. Have seen all the eps of both series, and all the movies. I have seen several of the Voyager eps, but none of Enterprise and very few of DS9.

Favorite TOS ep: Trouble with Tribbles
    Favorite TNG ep: Time's Arrow
    Favorite Movie: The Wrath of Khan

Favorite characters: Riker, Troi, Picard, Data, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty and Janeway

And I love the new McCoy as well, Karl did an amazing job!

I saw the new movie last weekend, and was really surprised. I liked it a lot. Normally I am not a fan when they reboot a franchise but this was done very well. The casting was amazing.

So thought I'd say hi :)

9. Lethe

Lethe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just posted on a different "welcome!" thread but just found this one too. Another long time lurker brought out of lurkerdom by my intense love for the new movie. Looking forward to getting in the fray and converting some of the naysayers ;)

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the funhouse, new people! :)

11. SGx

SGx Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi!

I'm Siobhan. I hate to admit it, but I'm a total Star Trek newbie. I've always watched it casually, but the new film's rekindled my fondness for the original series, and now I'm in love. I'm here to learn more and find people to talk to about it.

I think the new film is amazing, both as a stand-alone sci-fi film and a rejuvenation of the Star Trek franchise. I'm glad it worked so well; sequels are always hard to pull off, especially for something so iconic.

12. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

I think it's great that the movie is working so well with people who weren't already big Trek fans. Welcome to the forum Siobhan!

13. Crusher Disciple

Yeah, you newbies have got a lot of awesomeness to discover. I envy you. :techman:

14. Braveun

Braveun Cadet Newbie

I'd rather not post my name. I live in Ky, and I like Star Trek XI. Starting the book either today or tomorrow.

15. StarTrekFan

StarTrekFan Ensign Newbie

My intro is in the intro thread under the miscellaneous sub-forum...

16. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

That's okay, most of us don't. :D

17. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

Well hi, I'm new. I came here after seeing ST0 (can I call it that?) and wondering what people had to say about some of the new elements that I have not been exposed to before. I watched TOS in the 70's when it was in syndication and have been a fan since. I call myself a Trekie and don't care what people think of that. I loved TNG as well, didn't warm too much to DS9 because after the first season it seemed to dilute itself. By the time VOY was on TV I was jonesing again so I've seen most of that. I am one of the few who liked STE as well. I was very sad when they cancelled it. I think the NX-01 is my favourite Enterprise design. I never read a novel, but have seen all the movies. I own TWOK and FC and will likely buy ST0 at some point. Cannon Violation sphincter tightening aside, this looks like a good community.

Peace and Long Life,

[​IMG]

X

18. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Go dilute yourself, San Diego...

How so though...? DS9 was my favorite.

:(

"Cannon violation"? Isn't that illegal?

Cute kid. Must take after his mother... :D

19. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

All you newbies should head on over to The Neutral Zone, too.
    We're having a Trek discussion there also. The nice thing about it is that we're all equals and free to like or dislike the movie as we so desire. We treat each other politely and fairly, and we're always looking for open minded, thoughtful people willing to dig in and speak their minds with respect and determination. If you don't know how to get there, it's in your User CP and select TNZ. The discussion's getting fun!

J.

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, J, you're doing it to n00bs? Oh. For shame. :( :lol: