The Doctor Who Photoshop Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, May 11, 2009.

1. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find that I've been playing around with Photoshop a lot, trying to teach myself how to use it. To practice my blending and lighting and all that, I decided to use Doctor Who as my practice field. Basically, I'm just creating random Doctor Who photoshops. The only times I've messed with it in the past is for avatar contests, and the like.

I created this thread so I would stop taking up space and getting others off-track. Also, I'm hoping that there is more besides myself interested in doing some Who photoshops for fun.

I'm not very skilled yet, of course. But, I welcome any constructive criticism. I can't learn without understanding where I'm weakest.

However, keep in mind I'm also just making pics for the sheer nerdy fun of it. I hope to see others do the same! :techman:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The

Here is the same shot finished in four different ways. I can't quite decide what I want to do with it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. The

4. The

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^I love the colours in those....a Dr face one would be good.

6. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

This one, to me, looks best.

7. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is trying to recreate the opening from the 7th doctor titles
    [​IMG]

8. The

Thanks! I thought about doing a Tennant or Smith face in there, but I wasn't sure.

Awesome, thanks! Is it because of the lighting flare? Or does it offer the best character blend?

9. The

My god, that's awesome!! :eek: :techman:

I understand you got a set background, and nebula. But, your spherization and the clarity of the Police Box just blows me away! How did you get the cubed-flash on top like that?

10. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

A bit of both. The other versions look a bit too dark; however, I like this one as well:
    [​IMG] The mixing of color and B&W is a nice touch.

11. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

There's some good work here - nicely done! Some of you may remember this wallpaper I made a while back:

[​IMG]

Here's the bigger version: CLICK

12. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the Victorian looking Tardis.

13. The

Yeah, I saved the Victorian Tennant the last time you posted it! It's a flawless piece... :techman:

14. Andy S

Andy S Captain Captain

I think this is my favourite one, apart from the remnants of the lens flare around Ten's feet which look odd.

I remember seeing this before and loving it then. Kind of a Steampunk Who - which would have been awesome.

15. Andy S

Andy S Captain Captain

I love mucking around in Photoshop too, though still nowhere near as proficient as I'd like to be. It can be a lot of fun, but it's bloody frustrating when things don't work out how I want them to. I'm not posting from home at the moment, so haven't got access to most of my stuff but here's the bigger version of my avatar which I did for a compo on OG not so very long ago.

[​IMG]

:D

16. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh, this image serves a dual purpose. It:

-places the Doctor among legends
    -erases my least favorite Beatle :)

17. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks, i dont use photoshop though, i use the free Paint.NET. The "bubble" is just a nebula like image i made using cloud effects, then i twisted it, and used a plugin that makes 3d shapes out of images. The flash was just a gradient, but set on a new layer with about 75% Transparency!

18. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I agree. In the others, Ten looks out of place because of his different texture, but not in this one.

Me, too. It was even my wall paper for a time.

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The took the words right out of my mouth! Or, uh, keyboard. Whatever. ;)

Very nicely done!

20. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You're relying far too much on the blending options to create your effects. You're using effects like Multiply or Screen to blend your elements, and it's not working -- there's a lot more to putting separate elements into a single collage than that. Like that first one with Eccleston and Hartnell -- they both seem slightly transparent, probably because of the blending effect you used.

Also, lens flare is not your friend, it has never been your friend and it never will be your friend. (I swear to God, if lens flare and Copperplate Gothic Bold were somehow erased from Photoshop forever, I'd die a happy man.)

Good starts, though. :)