new star trek trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Apr 16, 2013.

1. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why not? It would be easy to make Harrison explain what it is to the characters and audience. If it's a "they won't reference stuff outside of TOS" thing, they already mentioned Cardassians in STXI.

2. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Or some Starfleet Black-Ops division.

Plus it's reported that
    Implying that it's probably classified and Harrison is associated with the ship (and where it came from).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not a "they won't reference stuff outside of TOS" thing, because they will, it's a "they won't base the whole movie on a cryptic reference from DS9" thing.

I could be wrong of course. It's just a gut feeling.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know someone who works in marketing for one of the licensees who's seen a complete script.

This is the ship that they're replacing the JJPrise with in the next movie, because the current Enterprise bites the big one as a result of its orbital crash.

The whole thing is an homage to ST III:TSFS.

...Come on, someone was going to say it.

5. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So the crew and all of San Francisco are going to die at the end of the film. Got it.

6. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

If both of these ships are apparently destroyed, I would think that there would be a new third design in the next movie. One with a real proper engineering.

7. The Mirrorball Man

Engineering has actually never been more real than in Star Trek. You don't mean "real", you mean "familiar".

8. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I think the USS Enterprise survives the movie...at least I hope so!!

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I was super psyched to see this film. I'm less enthusiastic after seeing the trailer.

Did they learn nothing from Star Trek 2 and the worst aspects of the last two films? The Reliant was not bigger than the Enterprise, and felt formidable enough because that film was all about the tactics that come from the characters. Having the Enterprise look like a toy to a massive bad guy ship (like it looks when compared to the Scimitar and the Narada) does not a good conflict make)

Ugh!

10. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Yes!!

[​IMG]

*No more cinder block walls and vats of beer!!!!

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.

They learned how to make successful films that people will like instead of repeating the same formula that was faltering. And that's exactly what they're doing.

12. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Without any inside knowledge, I feel fairly confident that the Enterprise will survive this movie. My thought is that Kirk and Scotty will save her just as the massive Dreadnought vessel smashes into San Francisco.

13. Lon Suder

Lon Suder Ensign

OMG, i just joined this forum to post this.

Kirk turning and saying I'm sorry is heart wrenching. Especially after the gung ho "Let's go get this son of a bitch."

Also, has it been speculated that this dreadnaught crusier has been built in response to the Narada attack? That Starfleet would most likely seriously upgrade their fleet after the pasting Nero gave them?

14. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

If it does, I could see a fairly extensive repair and refit.

15. The Mirrorball Man

It seemed to work for David vs. Goliath, Beowulf, Shadow of the Colossus, Jack the Giant Killer, Rocky, and Deep Space 9's Defiant, to name a few.

16. edshrinker

edshrinker Ensign Red Shirt

THAT is one gorgous ship. :techman::drool:

17. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

It may be (beautiful) but it's not the Enterprise. And I want my NCC 1701 back (at the end of this movie or the beginning of ST 3) dammit!

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Like the fan-created Excalibur-class, I think it looks like a starship fit for a Sith Lord.

I'm not complaining, mind you. :)

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Love the trailer. I'm thinking the Enterprise survives too. It would be too cheap to destroy her so soon because we (and Kirk) haven't had a chance to properly fall in love with her yet.

20. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The weapon the ship points at Enterprise, I wonder if it is like the "wave motion" gun from Spacebattleship Yamato. TNG had a homage to that series with the deflector dish weapon used in Best of Both Worlds.

-Chris