ABC making "Charlie's Angels" reboot

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, May 24, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i96c5acdd87b0c1d79329d8eedf33a79b

What makes me laugh is that they are letting the people that did Smallville do this. It's guaranteed to suck! :rommie:

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Are the Angels going to be under 23 years old and angst-ridden?

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well it's not on the WB/CW so the age isn't as much of a factor... Which worries me because if they decide to go for an Asian angel like in the movie remakes you know who worked with them for many years... :rolleyes:

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Angels who are afraid of heights and won't fly for ten years.

5. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Hopefully this will be a continuation and not a reboot. Kind of odd that they will be shooting in Miami.

With Leonard Goldberg and Drew Barrymore involved, there is some hope that it will be respectful of the source material. Unlike the laughably awful Hawaii 5-0 re-imagining....

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

One good thing about the movies was that it was NOT a reboot, but dealt with new girls working for Charlie as if the agency has been trucking along all these years. A problem I have with reboots is trying to accept new actors in old roles that pretend the original never existed - I prefer the continuation.

8. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

The challenge of course being that if it is a continuation they're going to need to explain what happened to Charlie, since John Forsythe died several years ago and I can't really see it working if they get Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice or someone like that. ;)

Alex

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ They could just use Charlie's son or something. Or an original Angel. It would still be the Charles Townsend Agency.

This is exactly my opinion.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Kruek, Durance and Mack are Charlies Angels. ;)

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Margaret Cho?

Oh you mean the Smallville guys not ABC....

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's nothing wrong with Kristen Kreuk. It's how the Smallville showrunners treated her character like a goddess who could do no wrong that was the killjoy -- putting her in situations that don't make sense for her character because they don't know how to write for her but want her involved as much as possible, with outcomes that make no sense because they want her to come out smelling like roses.

Sort of like how the MALE head writers on General Hospital have a hard-on for Sonny Corinthos. They wanted the audience to be sad that he had lost his will to kill!!!