Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PKerr, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, how long does that take? Seems like you'd need a patient partner.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

got 28 of 30 badges :) only 2 more :evil:

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, since you double your eggs every time it takes about fifteen minutes to do the whole thing. After that, the other profile's Sheva will always have the 45 eggs so you can make 90,000 every two minutes. Plus you wouldn't really even need a partner. You could just do it yourself with two controllers.

4. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Well, there are plenty of FPS games taking place in Korea or Vietnam where you shoot the local populace...
    Far Cry 2 takes place in Africa, so i guess the player kills black people in it as well...
    And the last couple of years there have been games where you kill middle-eastern/Arab people...
    "But they are terrorists!", yeah, and the black people in this game are zombies and they all attack the player...

5. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I doubt anyone has, but has anyone noticed how the new Captain Kirk, Chris Pine looks remarkably like Chris Redfield? :D

6. OdoWanKenobi

Chris Pine:
    [​IMG]

Chris Redfield:
    [​IMG]

It's the hair.

7. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

It sure as hell isn't the biceps. :lol:

8. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

The blatent steriod abuse from Chris just ruins the fun!

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So tell me this.

If Resident Evil 5 is racist for white people killing black people wouldn't the 50 cent games be just as racist since a black guy is killing a bunch of white guys?

Oh wait, never mind, for some reason I keep forgetting that only white people can be racist. Silly me. :p

10. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to the new Zero Punctuation review 50 Cent is killing Arabs in his new game. ;)

11. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't touched the game yet... but where do you pick up an egg in the first place?

12. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I found the rotten eggs around 5-2, you loot them.

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I found some in the caves, drops from Majini's...

14. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess I need to play the game before I can cheat then. :lol:

15. Commander Vaughn

Commander Vaughn Vice Admiral Admiral

For all the talk about racism, I do have to say it feels a little weird shooting a bunch of tribesmen, stealing their treasure, selling it, and using the money to upgrade my weapons so I can start the process all over again...

16. OdoWanKenobi

Well, you could duplicate any item but guns. It's the rotten eggs are the most valuable.

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

well, ive just beaten the game for all its worth lol. Just beat it on Pro mode and did a speed run on easy, so I have 100 percent completion plus the infinite rocket launcher. My roommate and I did the speed run in less than 2 hours lol. All i really have left to do is get an S in all chapters so i can get the special wesker figure and ill be done

18. PresidentEvilX

PresidentEvilX Ensign Newbie

As one of the Resi Evil old guard, i detest the way the series has switched to the stupid over the top action orientated style since 4, 5 itself is playable but nothing like Resident Evil should be. I don't understand why the game is still classed as a survival horror, it's lost most of the things that made the game what it was, the feeling of isolation, scrounging for guns rather than buying them and the fantastic puzzle sequences have even bit the bullet.

Resident Evil without zombies is blasphemy (no, they're NOT zombies), hopefully Capcom will return back to the roots sooner or later, or even better, hopefully Shinji Mikami will be allowed to have some say in the development of future games, when he left, he took the essence of the series with him.

Most of the Resi newbies will love what 5 offers, a bloke with arms like tree trunks who can punch a blokes head off, but it's definately not for me.

19. OdoWanKenobi

I'm in agreement with you. I prefer the older style of the series and wish that they could make a return to that. Resident Evil games used to actually scare me, and actually make me think before I acted. Now they're just action games. Very very good action games, but still nowhere near the same kind of game that the series once was.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Eh I like both.