24 - Day 7: 5:00PM - 6:00PM - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

There is something truly sad about us having to make note of them actually executing such a basic step. :wtf:

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can Jack, Tony and Red take down... Candyman?

Actually, season four had the fastest "the authorities let Jack go when they find out he's on the level" moment. Remember when he was pretending to be the gas station robber with the CTU-standard ski mask he got from the back of his vehicle and he was following terrorist guy? At the end of the episode the highway patrol had him surrounded and he surrendered, but at the very beginning of the next episode they were letting him go.

3. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Yeah, I really liked that! I was so sure we'd spend another 3 episodes trying to get that list back or get Dubaku to wake up so he could talk. Glad it didn't go that way, and that Sean was caught pretty much right away.

After seeing last night's ep, it was clear Dubaku was supposed to be soft. He risked way too much for the girl he obviously really loved, and he was willing to give up the info so that Jack wouldn't hurt his son. A different kind of baddie, at least,

I watched with a friend last night, and he thinks Tony is actually really bad and working against Jack--and is setting him up. While before this season I didn't buy for a second Tony would go bad, since seeing him this year and seeing how bitter he's become, I actually could see that being the case. There's a lot of little things in the way he's been acting this season that (unfortunately, because I love Tony!) could add up to him being a bad guy. I'm curious to see where it will go. My friend thinks the season is leading up to a big Jack/Tony showdown, and I could easily see that being the case.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I still don't understand Mole dude's plan with his set-up of the crime scene.

He plugs Flighty Heidi in the gut with the gun, OK. Then he plugs himself in the arm with the gun at point-blank range and then he slides the gun over to FH's body?! :wtf:

And his excuse is that FH shot HIM and then he shot her back in self-defense? ?!?! With one gun between them? (Thus both bullets having the same tool marks) and the gun is beside her?

I mean, did he flunk the "Setting Up a Crime Scene" course in International Terrorism/Espionage School?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  5. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

^^Not to mention how easy it would be for them to check the fingerprints on the gun, and that gun powder residue on the hand test they do on Law & Order all the time. Either Moleman is a complete idiot, or the FBI training program needs some SERIOUS work.

6. Top41

It was definitely a badly set up plan, that's for sure. Nice to see the good guys didn't look like dopes for falling for it. I thought Larry Moss looked suspicious of him the whole time!

7. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Who wouldn't be suspicious of that guy, though?

8. Aragorn

So anyone think Die Hard at the White House will be just about the most stupid thing this season?

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Flighty Heidi, apparently

10. Trekker4747

Quite the opposite.

11. UndeadRedshirt

UndeadRedshirt Ensign Red Shirt

I realize it's not really important to the conversation, but did anybody else notice the guy who plays Dr. Beardface on Scrubs had a cameo as a doctor in this episode when they were trying to save Dubaku at the hospital?

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Why do I get the feeling that Bill is in on something here. He was awfully insistant on getting the President back to the white house, just in time for next weeks assult.

13. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

I really hope that's not the case since I love Buchanan so much but it's certainly a possibility since the producers are clearly cattering here to the most ridiculous things they can think of.

I loved "Don't you ever pull your gun on me again unless you plan to use it"

14. Aragorn

It wouldn't make sense for Bill to do everything in his power to stop the bad guys, only to switch sides for their contingency plan. But then again, 24 did the same thing with Logan where they made him bad for the sake of shock value.

I'm sure Bill wouldn't expect the entire White House to be taken over by 10 bad guys. Maybe while this is going on, Candyman sent three of his men to take over the Pentagon.

15. Top41

It had better not be Bill. :scream:

I can buy that it would be Tony, based on how he's evolved this season, and a lot of the backstory. But Bill? No.

Anyone wonder what happened to Karen? Is Bill still wearing his wedding ring? I haven't noticed.

I gotta say, I really miss CTU. This whole rogue operation thing is kind of interesting, but I hope it doesn't go past this season.

16. vegaslights

vegaslights Ensign Newbie

I think Bill is still wearing his wedding ring. I haven't really seen a close-up of his hand lately, but I in this Bill Season 7 24 promo photo, Bill is wearing a wedding ring, which makes me tend to believe he is indeed still married to Karen. It would be nice to see her back this season, in fact, it would have been nice to see her in the rogue-CTU working with Chloe and Bill. We got a Morris appearance this season, but I also read that Karen will not be seen this season.

I miss the old CTU as well, it made the show for me, or at least part of the show. This FBI building is plain and boring and doesn't have any originality to it--it just looks like a regular office building. Whereas CTU had levels and a hospital and all the neat goodies. :D

Rate now I'd rate this season a 6 1/2 out of 10. It's better than Season 6, but Season 5 I'm thinking will always be my favorite. You just can't beat the Logans and the conspiracies that season had and the final showdown with Jack and Charles Logan.

17. Trekker4747

Not to mention "red shirts" and a cool intraoffice phone ring.

18. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Well, with how much more I've come to like Bill even more this year, I am so praying we don't see that silent clock in the next two weeks or so. :scream:

19. Aragorn

^ You have nothing to worry about. Even if Bill gets the silent clock, he can come back next year and say it was all a ploy by Candyman to fake his death and recruit him into doing illegal activities.