LOTR Trilogy (extended version) on Blu-ray 8/2012

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

So they don't account for the extra Blu-ray running time? It's only the frame rate difference that JarodRussell mentioned above, that leads to the longer running time then? No extra added or extended material whatsoever in the Blu-ray release?

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's absolutely no new footage in the Blu-ray release.

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just for any UK posters who might be interested; Asda are currently selling the Extended Edition Blu-Rays for £10 each.

4. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

Thanks!

5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Sir Ian playing Gandalf the White reminded me of some of Toshiro Mifune later roles.

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Which ones?

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, all those American movies like The Challenge or Shadows of the Wolf where he was hired to be the "tough but wise old warrior" type.

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I recall that the extended DVD box set absolutely crashed in price after about a year. I picked it up for £14.99 in the end.

I think I am going to give the blu ray box set a few more months to see what happens, I bet it comes down to under £30 as soon as they think they've shifted as many of the individual releases as they can.

9. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aye, probably. Cheapest I've seen the box set at the moment is just over £43 on Play.com. Amazon want nearly £60 for it. Not sure if I can be bothered waiting though, so I might just go get the individuals for £30 tomorrow.