Terminator Salvation sucks

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by SpatialDude, May 21, 2009.

1. SpatialDude

SpatialDude Rear Admiral

Check out the Tomato Meter with 92 reviews so far. It's 35%:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_salvation/

I was looking forward to this but oh well. I knew MrG was a bad director but with so much riding on this you would think he would have gotten this right. But, I'm still going to see just because l like the former movies.

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't this be in the grading/discussion thread?

3. SummerDream

SummerDream Lieutenant Red Shirt

Most probably they should have asked the tv-show people to direct the movie as well.
    If any fan has not noticed, the Resistance will be going over to the SciFi forums tomorrow. (8pm eastern, but probably does not matter what time you go if you want to tell them to please buy the show.)
    http://terminatorwiki.fox.com/threa...ay+at+8:00+PM+on+SCI+FI+Forms+to+support+TCSS
    As the forums are quite popular, all fans are needed there to tell they exist.
    http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2332484

4. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Still looking forward to it. I don't care how bad people think it is, just what I think of it!

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Terminator fans are just pissed that Summer Glau isn't in the new movie.:shifty:

7. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Wrong...forum.

And after reading the thread title, I thought you had seen it. What's it like having others form your opinion for you?

8. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Haven't you heard? Fat Harry hated it!

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I had a bad feeling when word came out they changed the ending 3-4 times, what does that say about the rest of the movie? It doesn't lead to anything important! You would think that with this trying to be a new trilogy they wouldn't blow it, but I had a bad feeling they would.

10. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe you (and everyone else who's badmouthing it without seeing it) should watch the film and then form an opinion on it, instead of letting a bunch of people on the internet decide for you.

11. bigdaddy

Do you think I'm going to waste $7-$12 watching a horrible movie? Are you out of your mind?

Plus the lead is an asshole, and that will hurt the movie, not much, but will hurt how it preforms.

12. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

Even that asswipe Harry Knowles didn't like it.

Joe, anti-hairy

13. Servo

What else are you gonna spend $7-$12 on?

And if you're not going to watch it, then you don't really have the right to comment on it. Well, at least not without looking like an idiot. Oh wait, this is teh internets, where idiots are the vocal majority. Carry on.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If the majority of people don't like a movie, odds are it's not worth paying to see. We use the information available to us at the time to decide whether or not to see it.

I was looking forward to this movie. The trailers look good. However, most of the reviews thus far have been terrible. So am I going to see it in the theater anymore? No.

I might rent it at some point, but the reviews have killed the excitement for me. Plus, I can think of a lot of better things to spend $7-12 on instead of a movie that most people think is shit.

15. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saw it last night and liked it.

16. bigdaddy

Thank you, well said.

It might not suck, but it doesn't surprise me that 65% of peoplethink it does.

What would I spend $12 on.... let's see, food, rent, condoms, cat food, clothing... :rolleyes:

17. Servo

Sorry, but I'd rather spend the money to go and see it and be disappointed, than allow a bunch of people on the internet and in the media make my mind up for me. Saying "most people think it's shit" isn't good enough. I don't care what most people think, I care what I think.

Saying "I've heard Terminator: Salvation sucks" is all well and good, saying "Terminator: Salvation sucks" without having actually seen it for yourself is just pathetic. But like I said, this is the internet, and it wouldn't be the same if ill-informed people didn't spout garbage based on other people's opinions. [Note: I'm not saying that's what you're doing, just to clarify.]

18. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? You know Christian Bale personally? Amazing.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yet if it was getting 95% on the Tomatometer like Star Trek everyone would be falling all over themselves to present that as proof that it's a good movie.

20. Servo

Pretty much.

It never ceases to amaze me how ready some people are to allow someone else to tell them what to watch, or how good something is (or isn't, as the case may be).