What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I finished "The Last of Us" the other day, and now I don't know what to do. I'm basically just trying to kill time until "Arkham Knight" comes out.

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, I'm anxious for Arkham Knight as well. I've thought about revisiting Arkham Asylum/City to build up to Knight.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not quite as good as The New Order, still had a blast playing it.

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm killing time waiting for Arkham Knight so I'm playing through The Last of Us Remastered and trying to clean up some achievements on Mortal Kombat X. I ended up deciding to get Arkham Knight on PS4 instead of Xbox One.

5. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time. Pretty good stuff.

Once I'm done I'll be returning to my second Dragon Age: Inquisition file. Great game, but what a flawed one. Reminds me of Trek in a way: soaring achievements, but oh-so-uneven. I'm on PS4, so I've got that first DLC installed and ready to go at long last. Looking forward to it.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I was considering that, but I just replayed all of the Arkham games this past fall, which would be my 3rd playthrough for all of them. I don't think I feel like revisiting them again.

7. martok2112

Aye, three times might be a bit much, so I understand backing off.

To my recollection, I've only played (but thoroughly enjoyed) each one only once. :)

8. Quinton O'Connor

I'm not much of a superheroes fan, but I made it through Asylum about a year ago and thought it was fairly cool overall. I only got about an hour into City, though; I'm just not much for open-world design. (The last couple of years has been wonderful for me, as you might imagine...) But I'm not opposed to the idea that it can be done well, and I hear so many good things about that game, so I'll get back to City at some point for sure

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The Arkham games are some of my absolute favorite games. Really, "City" might be an open world game, but you can easily plow through the story without the open world really being a factor. I typically don't even do any of the extra open world stuff until I've completed the story first.

10. Quinton O'Connor

That's pretty good to know, that that's a viable route. I'll bump it further up on my queue now.

11. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was Arkham Origins any good? I skipped it because it wasn't done by Rocksteady but it would eat up enough time between now and Arkham Knight.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think it's a good game. The story is actually pretty cool, and the game play is pretty much the same as Arkham City. It uses the Arkham City map, but it expands upon it to create its own original section of Gotham. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's definitely worth playing.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

DX:HR is amazing, so surprisingly reverent and faithful with regards to the first game, I had no choice but to love it.

DA:I is super uneven yeah, it's the first Dragon Age yet where I don't feel like doing a second (and third, fourth, ...) playthrough. Time will tell how I feel about the game when more time has passed, DA2 grew tremendously on me over the years after a distinct initial dislike.

The only DA I love without any reservations is Origins.

14. martok2112

I love Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Interesting leveling system. Good gameplay.
    I eagerly await the next Deus Ex. Hell, I still have Deus Ex that I originally played on PS2, and there was a Deus Ex title made for original Xbox as well, and I still have that.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Far Cry 3, as I can dip in and out of that according to how busy I am. I notice FC4 is nice and cheap in the local supermarket, so will probably grab that over the next few days as well.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I'm currently about 15% in to FarCry 4. I think I'm enjoying it more than any AAA game I've played recently, other than Nintendo.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Still various PS3 titles, managed to get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 pretty darned cheap in a sale and it's looking far better than the PS3 version I had a while back.

Minecraft 1.87

Army of Darkness Tower Defense HD as I only played the SD version on an old iPod before and already up to level 40.

18. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

I've been pretty much playing Splatoon since it's release and enjoying the hell out of it. Finished the single player campaign the other day, but spending most of my time in the multiplayer of course. Have a winning record so far, but there have been a few close calls. Once (on the first day!), we won by only 1 point. And in the game I just finished, we managed to win even though we only had 3 people on our team from the start - I guess the 4th guy got disconnected before the match started.

Other than that, I'm working through the GBA Fire Emblem on the Wii U virtual console and often play Fantasy Life on my 3DS on the bus to work.

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Let's see, I played ep 3 of Life is Strange on Saturday. I also played eps 2 and 3 of The Wolf Among Us over the weekend. And I started the Grim Fandango remaster yesterday.

20. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've been playing Splatoon. Huge amounts of fun. I've got a hit and miss track record of being on the winning team. Very rarely the worst person on any team, which is unusual for me. :p