Why was Kes written off the show?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Kooz, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to disagree with you on some of your comments. First of all, the actress Jennifer Lien didn't leave of her own free will and she was not happy about leaving either.

As for Voyager, I like the show, especially the characters but I also think that those in charge of the show did some really stupid things which ruined it for many fans.

As for the seasons, what I know 7 seasons were planned from the beginning, just as they did with TNG and DS9. I don't think that they had made more seasons for Voyager, no matter what. Actually, in the end it looked like they just wanted to get over with it as soon as possible to start working with their new pet project "Enterprise".

Asd for gaming, I agree with you. The best game as I see it is the old "Birth Of The Federation". The Voyager based "Elite Forece" is sort of OK (especially if you add the Kes skin) but could have been better with more of the original ciharacters from the series and more encounter with alien species.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If she can push seven hundred thousand tons of metal ten light years through space... was that the limit of her ability to push 7 hundred thousand tons through space or the absolute limit of her pushing ability because logically she should have been able to move 700 tons 1000,000 light years which has to be less than what the crew weighs inside a few escape escape pods and maybe a shuttle?

So yeah, becuase she's clueless about astrogation, I'm not talking about a hole in one, but she can drive hard enough to get on the green with her first swing, and put her way to victory from there.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would she have volunteered herself as a weapon in the Dominion War? There's not much difference in pressing buttons to blow up ships and in zooming through space personally to blow them up but I bet she would have had some faux ethical dilemma about it.

4. Guy Gardener

Well a fraction of the reason she was there would be to make sure that Kathryn had a home to return to.

Would she be powerful enough to open and close the wormhole crushing ships as they're migrating through, or control the flow?

Blowing up ships?

Kes should be able to blow up suns.

But then, any delivery system the enemy can't scan for or shield against would have the same effect.

5. teacake

She needed to be harnessed so the Feds could sic her on stuff. Big stuff.

6. Guy Gardener

Jennifer Lien strapped into a bridal chomping at the bit?

Is that what you want?

Pulling at her reigns till she whinnies?

7. teacake

No the harnessing as in "we have harnessed the atom".

Sisko: "It is time Mr. Worf. Drop that muthafucking Kes on that muthafucking planet. Let's send the Maquis a very pretty lesson."

8. Guy Gardener

She's not that short.

Marshall from Alias was on fairly legal the other night.

On Alias sometimes he looked like a little person, but last night he was TOWERING above Sarah Shahi...

Sometimes a casting director has to make his/her choices based on the height of their star that no one looks too massive or miniature compared to the leading person that a cast of nothing but 5 foot 2's can all appear to be actual sized people.

9. teacake

Yes. This is why Kes would not make a good Dabo girl. Also she's not flashy enough and Quark might get arrested for enslaving minors.

10. Guy Gardener

Imagine Warlord but with tassels?

Do you think the age of consent, child labour laws, changed whenever the station changed hands?

11. teacake

I think Odo wouldn't care as long as he could harass Quark. As soon as he heard Kes was 7 or whatever he would be down there like a shot threatening him, arresting him, trying to get whatever dirt he really wanted. Kes being 7 would be a little present for Odo.

I really don't wish to see more of her so tassels are a no go. Better the all over leather of Warlord.

12. Guy Gardener

How old was Nog when he was scrubbing table tops?

Family was a loop hole, but I remember some talk about the immorality of letting children use the holosuites... Although immoral only sometimes means illegal.

Massproducing the Ocampan bioweapon.

The Federation will be fiddling about husbanding Kes' offspring, but the second the Dominion manages to capture one of these genebombs, they'll clone the shit out of that Ocampa until....

If the Federation doesn't win with a first strike they will lose in any arms race because they have limitations to their science that less fraidycat species are capable of dealing with adult situations without sticking their fingers int heir ears and humming.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  13. teacake

But would the Kes Clone army get out of control and become a threat to both sides of the Dominion war and everything in its way? They would end up summoning Neelix to try and pacify the Kes Clones.

Neelix: Kes.. sweetie.. honey.. this isn't what you want..

Neelix wrings his hands, overwhelmed by how many Kesses he is speaking to. And then with the fury of a thousand Furys the Kes Clone army explodes the star system and hurls itself towards earth.

14. Guy Gardener

Who'd win in a fight?

The Kes Army or the Kiss Army?

15. teacake

I don't know. Are their tongues toxic?

16. Guy Gardener

I highly doubt it.

New track.

If Jennifer had decided to fight security or barricade herself in somewhere... how long do you think it would take Security to remove the little blonde girl from the set if she really dug her heels in and got sneaky?

Imagine if Jennifer haunted the set living off craft services and always staying one set ahead of the rentacops.

Living off the land.

Good lord that could be a fine sitcom.

17. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL, I think that would have been waaayyy too contrived, like "small universe" syndrome times 10,000. Nonetheless I have thought about how exactly they'd fit her in. Maybe they could make it so the prophets were actually ascended Ocampa and Kes comes to join them in the wormhole :lol:

18. Guy Gardener

To be polite asking the Emissary for an introduction would be strictly cordial.

Then, watching Kes take a tour of all the local gods would be interesting.

See what they're up to now after nursing their balls for a century after Kirk showed them what's what.

19. teacake

The Klingons killed their gods. Kirk hated the Klingons but he did have that in common with them.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I think Jennifer would've been great cast as a Vorta in DS9