Favorite blatant contradictions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Dec 28, 2012.

1. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    great another hate thread

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Discussing inconsistencies and contradictions is fair game and has nothing to do with how much you may or may not like the show. Every show is going to have it's mistakes. That's what this is, a discussion forum. To discuss things.

I'd actually say your post is the most "hating" one on this thread.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm here jpch with my love, my love that conquers all.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nonsense! We're having fun. I'm a Voyager fan, and enjoy pointing out the discontinuities.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I'm a fan of Voyager and I started the thread.

Voyager tells a lot of really good stories, and has a lot of good characters. But it also, quite regularly, did a poor job on fact consistency. They didn't even keep an accurate count of how many crew members were dead.

I'm watching Collective right now, and Janeway explicitly said she'd been to the homeworlds of two of the children. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't they come across every single one of the children's homeworlds afterward? So, were these childrens' homeworlds both behind and in front of them then?

6. teacake

I assume they came across outposts of their people, either behind them or in front of them.

7. R. Star

Either that or Janeway lies to children to gain their confidence.

8. teacake

Yes and she has candy too.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or she went out of her way, retracing the ships journey to take those tykes home just like she added months to the complete trip taking Neelix home when they thought that he was sick in Jetrel.

(It's not up to me to defend this psychopath, could you gushers please do your job so that we can maintain the established balance of power.)

10. teacake

Boy you really got scared off when you almost said nice things about Admiral Janeway.

Rather than adding months she should have found some busy trade route and negotiated or paid someone going that way to take them home. After vetting them for suitability of course. It's bad enough stopping to take nebula readings every five seconds.

11. Guy Gardener

those kids are still full of nanoprobes.

They're either seen as lepers to be put down or goldmines awaiting exploitation if you remember those Ferengi's plans for Seven in Inside Man

In either case I doubt that their parents, any of their parents could adequately defend their children from any threats their children will certainly generate, even if Kathryn left them a crate of phasers.

12. R. Star

Shouldn't Janeway, Tuvok and Torres all still be full of nanoprobes too from that Unimatrix Zero silliness?

13. Guy Gardener

Human beings go to the toilet.

Their nanoprobes flow out.

Borg on the other hand Regenerate.

Nothing flows out.

Our heroes were not fully integrated into their enhancements, unlike the kids who had spent a year and longer in their maturation chambers being force evolved into pure Borg.

14. R. Star

Yeah, but Picard wasn't assimilated that long and still had Borg mojo force powers to detect them and read their minds in First Contact. So stands to reason you can't completely wipe the slate.

15. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    hehehehe i love you:p

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think it's a leap to think just because a child had been previously assimilated and then rescued that they'd be the target of random violence. They'd be seen as liberated POWs, if anything.

17. Guy Gardener

If all the Borg tech had been extracted sure, I'd believe you, but it hadn't, and if Seven taught them how to converse with the public at large that they are continuously saying "I am Borg" then they're going to get their head stuck down a toilet at te very least until they get over themselves and their perfection.

18. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

How is that a contradication??

It is. There were plenty of times like that, before and after that episode and she never did it!

I noticed that a lot of examples are more of oddities than contradictions here.

19. Guy Gardener

Butt-dialing is a 21st century epidemic of the cautionless.

The 24th century has to deal with boobie-dialing.

20. teacake

I want to know how they can hit their commbadge and say "Doctor I need you on the bridge". Does it instantly transfer you to the commbadge of the the first name you say? I'd swear they don't always say the name first off.