A question about Farscape ep "Bad Timing"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gary Mitchell, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just recently rewatched all of Farscape except for "Peacekeeper Wars". Something that I hadn't noticed before was part of a scene on the Command Carrier with Braca, Scorpius and Sikozu:

Scorpius to Braca: "Next time we encounter Crichton, see to it that the older cook is brought aboard - unharmed."

I know that it was the last episode and they had been planning stuff for the fifth season that they should've had, but does anyone have a clue why Scorpy Sue would want Noranti?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Noranti was originally intended to be a spy, but that story was changed when they made The Peacekeeper Wars.

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's interesting. I hadn't seen anything about that before. I always thought her sudden appearance on Moya was a little strange.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, she did explain why she was there in "Dog with Two Bones," but most people tend to miss that bit of dialogue.

Basically, she said that Moya rescued her lifepod after the command carrier imploded. The other survivors left, but she stayed on Moya to repay them for saving her.

They actually had to re-write a good chunk of The Peacekeeper Wars because the actress was having a bad reaction to her makeup. She was supposed to have a much larger role than she ended up having (several of her scenes are even played by a different actress with the voice dubbed over).

5. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not convinced that that's actually confirmed, rather than just an assumption.

6. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

My personal theory is that Noranti was some kind of bizarre reincarnation of Zhaan. There were a lot of similarities between the two. Considering how Zhaan's body was disposed of, her age wouldn't have been much of an issue either -- she could have easily been thrown into another time or just flat out altered as in an unrealized reality.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That's certainly possible, and it would explain why Stark was surprised when he saw her: "You're...you're green."

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want the complete box set. It can't get here fast enough.

9. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

That's what I've always thought.

10. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone please tell me when Stark spoke that line and who he said it to.

I'm lost.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ He said it to Noranti.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It was in one of the "We're Screwed" episodes at the end of Season 4. Noranti and Rygel rescue Stark from the bioloid duplication chamber, and the first thing he sees is Noranti's face, which is when he says the line.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You're right about it being in the We're Screwed trilogy. I think it was in La Bomba btw.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I couldn't think of which episode it actually happened, but it was definitely in the trilogy.

15. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Noranti was just weird. I can't picture Zhaan doing half the things that creepy old woman did. *shudder*