Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

[​IMG]
    Trek PJs and stuff
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

50th anniversary "Star Trek" pyjamas (from PeterAlexander), plus this week's Trek goodies: red vinyl-covered "Premium Notebook" with TOS Engineering/Security insignia; issue #60 of IDW's "Star Trek Ongoing" (final regular "Kelvin timeline" issue before the "Boldly Go" renumbering and "Waypoint" anthology series start); IDW's "50th Anniversary Cover Celebration" trade paperback; and the Running Press boxed light-up "Galileo" shuttlecraft and mini book.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Jinn likes this.
  2. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

The Trek PJs are wonderful! Totally bizarre, but wonderful :D

Therin of Andor likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found a whole bunch of Trek novel e-books cheap on Google Play Books, so I got Duty, Honor, Redemption (The Signature Edition omnibus collecting the Wrath of Kahn, Search For Spock, and Voyage Home novelizations), TOS: Burning Dreams, and Seekers 1: Second Nature.

4. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Prometheus - Feuer gegen Feuer

Markonian, Vnix and Jinn like this.
  5. Vnix

Vnix Lieutenant Red Shirt

Reading that myself now, eventhough i havent even ploughed through all of the Fall or even Typhon pact. Typhon Pact 6 and 7 have been my latest aquisitions, as of yestersay, though they will be read but after reading prometheus and prey I think.

6. Therin of Andor

[​IMG]
    New Star Trek from Ward and Dilmore
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore's latest book, "Purgatory's Key", the third installment in the "Star Trek: Legacies" 50th Anniversary trilogy, arrived Down Under yesterday.

[​IMG]
    New Trek books
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

"The Fifty-Year Mission: The Next 25 Years, from 'The Next Generation' to JJ Abrams" by Mark A Altman & Edward Gross, plus Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore's. When I arrived home, by signed copy of David Gerrold's new Tribble script was waiting for me. A real tribble (onscreen in "The Trouble With Tribbles") wandered over for a look.

Markonian and Jinn like this.
  7. Vnix

Vnix Lieutenant Red Shirt

I had to get my hair cut, but got stuck in the bookstore and then in a comicshop so I ran out of time and money for the hairdressers (oops), But I did get this! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite happy indeed!

8. Therin of Andor

Another calendar has arrived!

[​IMG]
    Trek stuff
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

"Star Trek Beyond" drink container (from the Philippines) and "Star Trek Beyond" 2017 calendar, plus the 50th anniversary TOS/TAS/movies boxed Blu-Ray set. This set features exclusive documentary content and six Juan Ortiz postcards for the six movies.

Markonian likes this.
  9. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

I was lucky enough to have won a Twitter give away from John Jackson Miller on the day of the 50th Anniversary for the first book in the Prey trilogy, and it arrived today! Signed by the man himself...

[​IMG]

Markonian, Csalem, Vnix and 4 others like this.
  10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool.

JoeP likes this.
  11. Therin of Andor

Finally found the Titan UK "Star Trek Beyond" movie magazine on the newsstand this week (comic shops got a different cover, but never saw that around either). This content is supposedly contained within the Titan Publishing hardcover book announced for November, but I couldn't pass this magazine by.

I received a message from Galaxy Bookshop in Sydney, but haven't been able to get in yet. They are holding the revamped 50th anniversary edition of "Boarding the Enterprise" for me ("... with a new introduction from David Gerrold and afterword from Robert Sawyer for Star Trek: The Original Series' 50th anniversary"), and a title called "Zero G", a new non-Trek SF novel co-authored by William Shatner (with Jeff Rovin).

https://www.amazon.com/Boarding-Enterprise-Transporters-Tribbles-Roddenberrys/dp/1942952155

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-G-Book-Novel-William-Shatner/dp/1501111558/

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  12. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

• Star Trek: Prometheus 3 - Into the Heart of Chaos
    • Star Trek Destiny 50 years omnibus version thingy
    • Akame Ga Kill! 3
    • Earth 2: World's End Volume 1

Markonian likes this.
  13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Sorry, what is this one, exactly? Is it just the already-released Destiny omnibus, but with a 50th anniversary logo on it, or something?

That of course brings to mind the thought that this year would have been a great year to finally release DRG3's Crucible omnibus, with all of the (already written!) extra content...

14. Smitty

Smitty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Extra content?

15. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a German rerelease of a previous omnibus with a different cover/backcover which ptetty much is a wraparound of the German covers of the individual titles. There are pics in the Picture the novelverse thread.

ETA:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Markonian, Avro Arrow and Jinn like this.
  16. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Also it's really shiny:)

17. Therin of Andor

TOS 50th anniversary edition of "Boarding the Enterprise" (with new intros by David Gerrold and Robert J Sawyer), Book 1 of "Star Trek: Prey" by John Jackson Miller, a new non-"Trek" William Shatner novel (with Jeff Rovin) and the "New Visions" TOS photo comic, "Swarm" by John Byrne!

[​IMG]
    New Star Trek books
    by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Markonian likes this.
  18. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Five new short stories, and one new preface. All written prior to the cancellation of the book. Details from the author himself in this post.

Oh, er, yes, that. Um, yes, I saw that in that thread. Even commented on it, I believe. Oops. :rofl:

19. Therin of Andor

I always assumed the extra material got caught up in Harlan Ellison's complaint/lawsuit re the use of actual dialogue from "City" in the "Crucible" books and the Hallmark talking ornament. Whatever payout Ellison received was never disclosed, as is typical with such actions.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took advantage of this month's e-book sale to get the entire TNG: Slings & Arrows minseries for only US$1.99 (plus tax).

Markonian likes this.