Netflix

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by xortex, Nov 19, 2012.

1. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Who thinks CBS should partner with Netflix to create an official new Trek web series? To avoid studio meddling which was and is the real problem else you wind up with another mish - mash of too many cooks in bed with each other led by more myopic visionless show runners and money grubbing sausage factory bean counting suits and son of suits.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Umm.... CBS is the studio.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, I've proposed this idea as a possible path to getting another series, but CBS is going to meddle to their heart's content and I imagine Netflix would have something to say about it as well. None of that precludes the results being good.

I like the idea of removing the broadcast-network framework that has driven all the other series - no more structuring stories around ad breaks, no need to have one-hour episodes (could be longer or shorter), no need to structure things around seasons, no worrying about the FCC.

5. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

6. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

The fan films do amazing things with no budget. How is that kickstarter up 'Renegades' doing? I didn't know Trek could have a kickstarter. It sounds like a stupid idea though for a series.

Temis, can I send you my way of doing this? Just a two page synopsis. I'm gonna list the 93 page pilot script on inktip.com anyway. It's an original premised space opera. PM me.

No elevator pitches over the internet. (I already have a star attached). I live in NY so I'm rarely in an elevator with Les Moonves or Bryan Fuller or even know where netflix is.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I don't work for Netflix so pitching me on anything is useless. ;)