MLB Offseason 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I don't expect them to become sellers, but I do expect them to stand pat no matter what, much as they did this offseason.

I will find it perversely hilarious if taking on Vernon Wells' contract is what keeps them from hanging onto Robinson Cano this fall.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wells is not the player he was and it won't help the Yankees. I agree with the idea that they need to quit stop gapping and let the farm system grow. Too bad they are the Yankees and it will not happen.

3. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Would of been a good deal, five years ago.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Should have been you Hawk Harrelson.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

^ At least Hawk appears to know what's going on in the game. About the only thing he does that really irritates me is when he insults the opposing team (like calling the Twins "Twinkies").

7. Use of Time

He also had a few choice meltdowns this past year where he seemed on the verge of an absolute nervous breakdown.

8. Timby

Yeah, Hawk is a tool and I would not object to him getting run over by a bus.

McCarver stepping down from Fox is a good thing, although his voice is so milquetoast that he's pretty easy to ignore. Now if we can only get Joe Buck to stop defiling the game.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

You mean like this one? :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdAPQmGK1Vo[/yt]

10. Use of Time

The problem with Joe Buck is that in September and October, he is fucking impossible to avoid if you watch both baseball and football.

11. Timby

The problem with Joe Buck is that he is a classic case of a guy having a job solely because of who his sperm donor was, and he is pathologically incapable of shutting the fuck up.

12. Use of Time

Very true. As far as the Hawk Harrelson video goes. I swear it looks like the umpire immediately was thinking that he had just made a horrible mistake. He seemed very sheepish around Ventura.

It was also hilarious listening to Harrelson's broadcast partner during the middle of his rant. You could almost hear him praying for the commercial break.

13. Timby

Johan Santana has flown back to New York for further examination; an MRI shows that he re-tore the anterior capsule in his shoulder, which is likely career-ending. Sandy Alderson is painting a pretty rosy picture, saying that Santana's season is in jeopardy, but two capsule surgeries in the span of roughly a year, along with Santana showing up to spring training with a dead arm, does not bode well for him. He's almost certainly thrown his last pitch as a Met, in any event.

14. Use of Time

God, everything about the Mets has been a tragedy for the last ten years.

15. Timby

I think I actually feel a shred of pity for Yankees fans. This lineup is terrible:

[​IMG]

I mean, it's not some abomination unto the Lord, like what the Marlins will be sending out every day, but ... damn.

16. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I hope they enjoy Vernon Wells as much as we did.

:rolleyes:

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Wow, that really IS pathetic. I mean, there's exactly 1 player in that lineup worth anything. On a team that's almost always its own all-star roster, there's only 1 player that would even get drafted in a 12-team fantasy league. In a pretty deep one, maybe Ichiro goes as well, so 2 max.

Not to say the Sox won't shit the bed too, but if that's the roster, excited to open the season against them. They can't get much worse, so good time to get a few games in.

18. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.