A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, the Bean/ Stark (who is described in GOT as being 35) age gap did occur to me after I posted my previous post.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't gotten to anything involving Raydar in the books, but anytime a cast member from Rome is involved in something it doesn't hurt.

3. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mance Rayder appears far earlier in the books than you think. :)

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I wonder how they'll handle his, er, later appearance...

5. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What do you mean?

6. Lonemagpie

If you haven't reached book 4, you may not want to look

After Melisandre glamours him to look like Rattleshirt, and Rattleshirt to look like Mance so that he can be burnt in Mance's place... Cos it strikes me that the guy who plays Rattleshirt wouldn't be up to a Hinds-level performance

7. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Rattleshirt actor just needs to act like Rattleshirt, most of the time. There's not much content to shoot between the reveal and Baele's arrival at Winterfell.

8. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Two new cast members for season three: Dan Hildebrand as Kraznys, the Astapori slaver with whom Daenerys negotiates for the Unsullied, and Ramon Tikaram as Prendahl, one of the captains of the Stormcrows.

9. Captaindemotion

I'm about 50% sure that I passed Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) out jogging today, as I drove home from the gym. I had passed him before my mind answered its own 'Who's that?' question. I'm not a very good stalker, I'm afraid...

10. Brendan Moody

Two more new cast members: Daario will be played by newcomer Ed Skrein, while Grey Worm of the Unsullied will be Jacob Anderson.

11. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I have just finished book 3. Since this is labeled as a spoiler discussion, I am not going to include tags.

For the faux Arya storyline, do the plotters not think that anyone will notice? Granted most of the peole of Winterfell are dead, but Sansa and Jon are still alive and kicking. One visit from the Wall or Sansa getting out from under Littlefinger and that ruse is shot. It seems a dumb move on the part of the Boltons and Lannisters.

I wonder if Robb did legitmize Jon? He told Cat he was going to have Jon made his heir. He does have the Northern Lords sign something before his death but it does not say what.

I think Jon is headed on a different path now though. I think he is doomed. He seems to feel that he has no claim/nor should he have from his perspective to Winterfell (though Stannis offered). I get the feeling that the war with the Others is Jon's purpose and that he will probably die saving the realms of men.

Dany annoys me. She just whines and acts all entitled. She has no pep as a person to make you care one jot about her.

Stannis went up in my estimation when he headed to the wall to actually do something other than grind his teeth.

Sam's plotting to make Jon the next Lord Commander was a hoot.

I get the feeling that Cold Hands is Benjen.

12. Lonemagpie

I'd reckon so- but they still haven't said...

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeyne as Arya is plausible enough that the northern lords can plead ignorance. It is all just for show and most people who care already know it to be a farce. Who is going to ally with Sansa against the Boltons and Lannisters in such a confrontation?

Not only did Robb possibly legitimize Jon, but it is possible that Ned revealed his true parentage at some point when he was held in the black cells. So there are potentially two letters headed his way (or not) with information that could offer him a kingdom or all 7 on a platter. He is unlikely to break his vows to serve the Watch until his death, but events at the end of ADWD might have changed the landscape a bit.

14. Captaindemotion

Here's a funny piece of fan-art in the veins of Charles Addams' Addams Family but with the Lannisters. Bit spoiler-ific, if you're not yet onto book 3.

http://bubug.deviantart.com/#/d5bmymc

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

:lol: I love how Jaime's "hand" is still with him there. Nicely done...

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Watch where you're pointing that arrow Tyrion!!!!

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ They should have had him holding a crossbow. :D

18. Brendan Moody

Nice. There's also a spoiler for A Feast for Crows in there, but you'd probably have to be looking for it to notice.

19. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

How much stock do you put in Sean Bean saying that Ned is not Jon's father? Would the show runners even share that with an actor, or did Bean read the books and infer?

If Cat has become a being totally consumed with vengence, I wonder if it will fall to someone to stop her? Of course, I would personally be happy if zombie Cat killed all the Freys... (I just finished book 3 and am going to start 4 tonight.)

Has Arya become too bloody minded? I wonder if Martin will have her see that her path is leading her astray? Right now she strikes me as a little too hardened and used to murder.

20. Captaindemotion

It's hard to see how or why Sean Bean would know any more than the ordinary reader, given that his role ended in Season 1. I'd be surprised if even Benioff and Weiss know the truth yet. I imagine that only GRRM knows - and I'd be totally surprised if he was telling even those involved in writing the show (never mind actors).