Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ollie thinks that Queen is dead. It won't have enough impact on him for Slade's liking.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

You mean a Hawke, don't you? ;)

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Golly? Really? Must have not been paying attention.

Although Judging from the look of that girl, Connor is not going to be as Asian American as he is/was (wis?) in the comics.

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

These flashbacks to when Ollie was a teenager are rather silly. Amell's wig looks ridiculous, and he's too big and manly to play a teen. He looks like a 30-year-old teenager.

Anyway, I was waiting for Slade to show up, and surely enough, he ambushed and crashed the Queens' vehicle, tied everyone up, and asked Ollie to make a choice between his sister and his mom. Poor noble Moira was willing to sacrifice herself, and that savage one-eyed psycho stabbed her. :wah:

I didn't realize Oliver had an illegitimate child. More shocking was Moira's revelation to Ollie she had known who he was for a year but hadn't said anything. That family really keeps mums about a lot of things. Even the late Robert Queen said nothing to Moira although he knew Merlyn was Thea' s real daddy. I guess in a way, silence means forgiveness and acceptance.

Where is Sara off to? Surely she didn't mean her old buddy Rhas.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it meant either Laurel or the kid (although the only reason I think it's the kid is because it was introduced in this ep).

Another excellent episode. Moira could still have told them that Malcolm was alive though!

Ollie needs to tell Thea that he's the Arrow. Right now it doesn't make any sense for him not to. I really hope the next episode shows him opening up to her because he'll need her as much as she needs him.

As soon as Moira revealed that she had known he was the Arrow I thought that her time was coming, although I didn't expect it to be so soon. ALthough once again Ollie didn't exactly make it subtle "I know what it's like sacrificing people I like for the sake of the city."

Bit weird of Sarah just to go off and leave like that when Slade is still around. Maybe she's gone to get reinforcements.

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Maybe the old friend Sarah is going to see is the not quite dead Ivo who may have a cure for the Mirakuru. I got the indication he had been trying various versions on himself which may have kept him alive.

7. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If he can cure Slade of the Mirakuru and his delusion that Ollie's responsible for Shado's death, Slade's knowledge of what he's done would be worse than having Ollie kill him. Of course, he'd probably just re-inject himself...

8. Guy Gardener

The madness has taken on a life of it's on beyond the drugs and super powers.

The original Green Goblin, Norman Osborn, was cured of the Goblin formula that gave him powers + madness about a week ago, and what Norman took from that was "Now you are completely fucked Spider-Man, all these years you have been at odds to fend off a gibbering loon too mentally unco-ordinated to tie his shoe laces most days, but now you have to face the absolute threat of the real Norman Osborn, and I will destroy you!"

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It looks like he's battling the army of Blood next week, but I could see him curing Slade and having Slade fight to stop the army (and dying in the process). I don't know if he can be redeemed ever, but he can at least do good if he's no longer under its influence.

10. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must be the only person who likes Thea. :shrug:

Sad to see Moira go. :(

11. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I assumed Sarah is going back to her girlfriend in the LoA... and loved the idea that she used the same logic for leaving Ollie that he used for staying away from Laurel most of season 1. "I'm too damaged."

I just hope she doesn't pull a Roy and ask the girlfriend to kill her so she can pay for her evil deeds.

Loved Felicity's line this week about how heavy Ollie is, as she helped him down the staircase.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that was a hell of an ending. I'm definitely sad to see Moira go, Susanna Thompson was great. Hopefully she'll pop in more flashbacks as the show goes on.
    I was surprised to see Sarah, go but Andrew Kreisberg already said
    she'll be back
    in his post-ep CBR interview. There's some interesting stuff in the interview, it's definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of the show. He does talk about the rest of the season and what we can expect to continue into Season 3.
    Bits on season 3:
    The after effects of Roy's killing of the cop continue past the end of this seaso.
    We will see some of the S1 & S2 sets being "retired". I'm seeing major destruction in the end of the season, but that is just a guess on my part.
    The baby will come into play in S3 as well.

13. Guy Gardener

But the great thing about Susanna, is that she is a working actress.

In a month or two, she will be somewhere else, and it will be fantastic.

14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Given the changing statue of Oliver's fortune I can see how that part of what's under the spoiler code could apply.

And if Emily Bett Rickards decide to leave they could simply say that she's still an employee of Queen Consolidated and her services are no longer available for the former CEO.

15. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Wonder if they'll actually pull the trigger and make Oliver into the hardcore liberal he was in the Denny O'Neil stories.

16. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Think that would be way to much of a risk and too much of a headache.

They wouldn't want to potentialy piss of andl lose alarge chunk of their audience.

17. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for posting the interview. It was an interesting read. I wonder what sets they're talking about. If I were to guess the mansion would definitely be out since they barely seem to use it anymore. Maybe the Queen Consolidated board room as well since Ollie has been ousted?

18. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe my way of thinking is skewed by Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I thought Diggle's line about there being no force on Earth that could make Felicity go bad was a little foreshadowing. My 10 year old said that Mirakuru could be that force.

19. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

So, Ollie is losing his fortune. How long until they introduce one Hal Jordan, and the two go on a cross country road trip?

Seriously, I just want to see Hal on this show. I simply can't imagine them having shows about Green Arrow and the Flash on television, set in the same universe, yet leaving out their mutual best friend.

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Once the Green Arrow actually shows up, you may be on to something.

For now, it's still the adventures of the Nameless Vigilante. Or, if you're lucky, The Hood.