My Janeway costume

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by firecrackerrrr, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That is horrible. :lol: When I saw No Doubt some one through a lighter at Gwen Stefani...she stopped in the middle of the song to yell at the person who threw it...she called this group of girls in the front row "bitches". :lol:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what I don't get about women.

You throw things at them, and they're offended.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

When my band was playing a show...someone threw a bottle at me...they missed. :lol:

4. Guy Gardener

Obviously they were green with jealousy.

5. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just back on topic for a second. So I've decided to go to this massive Halloween party - 3000 people have RSVP'd. Hardly doubt 20% of those will get in (we got connections mwahahahah :guffaw: ) I went to see the hairstylist today and she said there's no way I can get the bun o' steel. My hair is normally thick and I have a tonnnn of it but I thinned it out quite a bit cause it's a pain in the ass to maintain when it's that big. But in this case it would've helped out. So the bun is out of question.

Now I have the option to do one of these two things. Please feel free to laugh at the ridiculousness of the second option and call me an idiot:

1. Year of Hell Janeway. Face scar and all. But I so don't want to stain the uniform with too much blood.

2. Mirror Universe Janeway. OK so we didn't get to see Mirror Janeway really unless you count Latent Image. So I thought about adding a few ridiculous things to my costume such as:

a: wearing black gloves
    b: putting a black leather corset (already own it) over the uniform
    c: having season 4 Janeway hair but gelled back
    d: adding a couple of battle scars cause Janeway is badass in all the universes.

Keep in mind this IS Halloween so improvisation is welcome, usually....but I don't want to ~insult~ her Highness in any way, shape or form. I thought if I go with Year of Hell Janeway people would think I'm just a dead red shirt cause people are stupid like that :guffaw: I'll still most likely go with Option 1 because I can't for the life of me add a corset on top of a brilliant starfleet uniform.

6. Guy Gardener

Janeway in Dark Froniter.

Half borged out, of course she'll have a corset and heels.

7. firecrackerrrr

Yes but this is OVER the starfleet uniform. The only thing I'm worried about is that the upper part of the pants will look too poofy if I decide to go with that corset.

8. Guy Gardener

Well it all depends how committed you are?

What if you were slowly assimilated over the course of the evening during the party by making several gradual and SUBTLE changes to your costume over the course of the night that your very very drunk friends are wondering if they are so drunk now that they didn't realize that you were assimilated at the beginning of the evening and you swear to gods that you always were?

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

What about a wig? Mulgrew wore one for part of "Caretaker". It might be expensive and/or too late notice, though.

You don't need to ruin the uniform, just "burn" your face and hands, and maybe a streak of soot on one shoulder (that can be washed out). I think it'd look great. People might think you're trying to be Zombie Janeway, though!

The "Living Witness" Evil Janeway in your avatar with the black undershirt, leather gloves and the hair would be awesome (especially if you had a phaser ot phaser rifle to carry around). I wouldn't go for corsets or extra scars.

If possible, I'd say get a good wig bun. Then you'd be the perfect, most recognizable Janeway and there'd be no mistaking you for anyone else/a generic Starfleeter.
    Failing that, either "Year of Hell" Janeway with the burns or Evil Janeway from "Living Witness" would be great - and perhaps even more fitting for a halloween party.

Whatever you go with, you'll look great!

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

How about the ghost of Janeway! :eek:

I'll stop now. :sigh:

11. firecrackerrrr

KingDaniel, I've decided to go as Zombie Janeway. I didn't really dig the corset idea. My friends were trying to talk me into doing that but nah....I love corsets but I wanna be able to function and move that night. So instead, I am putting my liquid latex to good use and I'll zombify Janeway. I could say she has phage or something too :guffaw:

I also went to all the wig stores in town and NO ONE had pre-made buns. I even asked for geisha buns and no one had it except for one store but it was badly made, the fit was bad and it was black. :/

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Looking forward to seeing it!

I guess it's way too late to make a bloody, severed Chakotay head for Zombie Janeway to carry around?

13. firecrackerrrr

You shouldn't have said that cause now I want to take Robert Beltran hostage, put him to sleep Dexter style and drag him down the street right behind me. I have a terrible sense of humour sorry :guffaw:

I just bought contacts for my costume. My face will be covered in scars almost Phage style. Can't wait. Here's the Zombie-ish contacts. Cost me a freakin arm and a leg but so worth it.

[​IMG]

I'm astigmatic so I was expecting them to be extremely uncomfortable but they're actually WAY more comfy than Acuvue's

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

As I said in the picture thread...Wicked! :)

15. firecrackerrrr

Thanks. I'm a bit concerned about how to apply the liquid latex. It really stings and makes my eyes water for a few seconds. I don't know if I should put the contacts in first or if I should do it after? URGH. It's high quality latex too but the one I used in the past which was a lot cheaper didn't hurt my eyes :///

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I have no clue. :lol: maybe put the contacts in first? :shrug:

[edit] Does watery eyes bother contacts???

17. firecrackerrrr

Normally if it's just tears, no. But it stings and actually hurts for about 30 seconds if you keep your eyes open so I'm not sure how it will feel with the contacts in. I may just ask my friend to do the latex thing and I'll keep my eyes closed. :/

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Can you test it out first? Or is there not enough latex?

19. firecrackerrrr

I might....but I'm pretty positive I'll put the contacts in first anyway. I'm paranoid about hygiene and even after washing my hands after I finish all the make-up I feel like my hands will still be too dirty to touch contacts :guffaw:

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I don't like anything in or around my eyes...would never wear contacts. :lol: :sigh: