Sci-Fi movie where a man is enhanced by a computer?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

hey all, i've been on the lookout for this kind of movie and haven't had any success. i'm looking for something where we see a normal man who has a futuristic computer inbuilt, or attached in some way. something like how the predator's have the attached shoulder cannon. i dunno, i'm just trying to illustrate a better idea of what i'm looking for. maybe something where a person goes back in time and has a futuristic AI built into him that guides him along the way?

be great if it was something serious like a terminator style movie.

i really like the idea of that car AI in 'frankenstein unbound'.

anyone have some recommendations?

thanks

2. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Lawnmower Man

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're not trying very hard then. I think your "looking out" for things consists of nothing more than coming here and asking people to google shit for you.

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Try searching for cyborgs.

5. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

There are lots of movie like this these days...if you want to look for probably the best movies of the genre try The Matrix(they jack into it), and Ghost in the Shell, a Japanese anime that goes from action cyberpunk, to philosophical treatise. The 2.0 version includes some re-imagined animation in CGI, but I generally prefer the original 2D animation in it. Some other movies/tv with cyborgs: I, Robot(Spooner), Bicentennial Man(A reverse cyborg), Robocop, $6 Million Man, Bionic Woman, Terminator, STFC(another reverse cyborg: Dat. One of my favorites is STNG's "Nth Degree", when Barclay is linked to the Enterprise computer through advanced alien tech.

There are plenty of grade b and z movies in the genre, some of these include Laserblast, Johnny Mnemonic, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Mandroid, The Guyver, Judge Dredd, Inframan, Cyborg, Eve of Destruction, Hardware.

RAMA

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  6. Dr. Chandra

Dr. Chandra Captain Captain

Nice. Merry Christmas to you, too!

7. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

ok, thanks brother, you mentioned a lot of great titles. i'm looking up the movies you mentioned right now. yeah, i really liked a lot of the films you mentioned, even the barclay episode from TNG.

the first two terminator movies are just so awesome to me. is there anything out there more along the lines of a human going back in time with more technology? maybe that's another thread altogether.

8. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Check out the movie Millenium. Pretty damn cool.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Wait and see if the "Booster Gold" TV show is picked up.

10. acappellasaurus

acappellasaurus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes with a young Kurt Russell

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Add to those B-movies Dungeonmaster aka Ragewar where a guy fights a demon (or wizard, it's been a while) with his wrist mounted computer.

12. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another vote for this suggestion. The scene where he goes on a rampage wielding only a pencil after losing the school debate is right up there with the best of brutal Sci-fi action.

If you are looking for a Terminator style film, this is the one to go for.

There's 'Outlander'. Jesus plays an alien that crashes on Earth and has to help Vikings battle a monstrous creature he accidently brought with him.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

If you like Terminator, might I suggest two classic OUTER LIMITS episodes from the sixties: "Soldier" and "Demon with a Glass Hand."

(He says puckishly.)

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guarantee that no one has ever said that before. ;)

Fun fact: Scott Thompson (from Kids in the Hall) was in the film. He later described it (in character on the show as 'Buddy Cole') thus:

:guffaw:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  15. Peak

Peak Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

What about "Chuck"? Sort of like "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and then Got a Job at the CIA after College".

17. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

^ Yeah, but Chuck's a tv show, not a movie. But if we throw tv into the mix, there's the Bionic duo from the 70s, ExoSquad, and Generator Rex to name a few.
    And speaking of both movies and tv, there's Ghost in the Shell.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

When he asked for more titles, my first instinct was to mention these two :lol:, although the soldiers communicate telepathically and are not hardwired into their tech in "Solider". Trent is also an android in disguise, though I suppose he could also be considered a cyborg of sorts.

RAMA

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Also try A.P.E.X, a not completely horrible sci fi flick with some nice low scale FX. It tells of a temporal research scientist who goes backward in time and screws up the timeline. Robots with gun arms run rampant.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109144/plotsummary

The same studio produced a movie called "Digital Man". Haywire robot/cyborg movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112867/plotsummary

20. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it opposite day? That is one of the worst movies of all time.