Fallout Online Official Website

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Servo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't sure if this was still getting made cause of the licensing issue. TBH, I'm still not sure we'll ever see it, but I signed up anyway, just in case.

http://www.fallout-on-line.com

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interplay actually won their case against Bethesda... no word on any appeals though.

3. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I have no interest in MMOs, so I won't be too shaken up when the game sucks :)

50 some odd hours into Fallout 3 I'm fairly confident in Bethesda's plans for New Vegas and Fallout 4!

4. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

^ Bethesda aren't making New Vegas. I think Obsidian are :)

I'm gonna sign up, but I doubt anything will happen. I'm just happy for them to carry on releasing Fallout and TES :D

5. Yoda

Bethesda is still publishing it, and they're the ones who gave it to Obsidian to develop, so I think it's fair to say it falls under "Bethesda's plans" :p

6. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

^ Aha, I wondered why Bethesda's logo was still on the game case. I'm kinda glad Obsidian are taking it back, because Fallout 1+2 were great!

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know I was excited about New Vegas...until I saw some footage. As much as I liked Fo3, I really with they'd fixed the same awkward buggy engine the've been using since Oblivion (which I've only just gotten around to playing.) I know it sound like baseless griping, but I had hoped Vegas would build on what worked and fix what didn't but it just looks like an elaborate expansion pack, so I'll wait for it to turn up cheep in a bargin bin or a Steam sale. No rush.

8. Yoda

Hopefully Fallout 4 will be the overhaul to something a bit more modern. Fallout 3 definitely feels a touch clunky, but maybe that's what I get not starting on it until a year and a half after release... When I briefly played Oblivion, on my old PC which was just a little short on power to make it a smooth experience, I was pretty impressed with the game world and engine. I'm sure when I get to the GOTY that I got for $8.50 off of Steam after I finish Fallout 3 I will feel a bit different.

I'm going to try to wait on picking up New Vegas... not because I don't want to play it or am sick of the engine... just beause spending 50 bucks, then 10 bucks on the DLC as it comes out just doesn't seem cost effective. The $24 I paid for Fallout 3 + all DLC is a great value... I guess I'm just turning into a cheapskate.

9. firehawk12

OE has never had to make their own engine though and probably never well, with the failure of Alpha Protocol. At this point I don't think it's reasonable to expect anything more than great storytelling from them.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's not just the engine, it's the assets too. Look at the screencaps and you'll see they're still using the same three or four NPC faces as Fo3 used. It just makes the whole project look a little cheep to me.

11. Yoda

Well, their faces all look the same when you shoot them with the bloody mess perk :)

12. firehawk12

I thought they were changing the super mutant models and all that? I really haven't seen much of the game.

Either way, the bigger problem is the generally ugliness of the Bethesda engine. You figure that they might as well just take the id team and tell them to make something based on Rage/id tech 4/5 and then just slap Gamebryo on top of it for all the AI stuff.