William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abram’s Universe...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 1bulma1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Honestly, I had to google it. Looks like she's still alive.

[​IMG]

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Preserved and well-botox'd, anyway.

If that picture of Shatner shows any evidence of plastic surgery, then the (beautiful-people) world ought to be beating a path to his plastic surgeon's door. Pretty sure, though, that Shatner's on record as saying he's never had any work done.

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

It's not an issue to me whether or not he's had plastic surgery, but I wouldn't be beating down his plastic surgeon's door if he did, that's all. No offense intended.

4. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know, it's pathetic. It's funny, for decades it was "cool" to hate on shatner because he looked fat or he was wearing a toupe or he was too old looking, but now that he's in his 80s and looks/acts the way he does, nobody does it anymore. Now people hope they are like him at that age.

Most people will be lucky to live to 75, and by then they are usually so broken down they can hardly get up and down stairs without complaining.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. Spock/Uhura Fan

I don't know what the history is or anything about "hate," but I will say that it's not "pathetic" to state the obvious. There are things out there, some drugs, some supplements (even caffeine), that help to boost energy. It could be natural. Who can say? Same thing goes for his looks, regardless of whether any of us thinks he looks good for his age or not. Now that he's not on Boston Legal, doing major movies, or anything in the mainstream spotlight anymore, I'd guess that's why he's not as much of a topic. He did do a good job as original Kirk, though.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's pretty fat and that fills out the wrinkles in your face. His current (smaller) weight is about the same as my dad's, who is 82. My dad has absolutely no wrinkles at all (and no grey hair except a few at the temples) and he would be the last person to have plastic surgery. He's also spent his whole life sun baking with no sunscreen. However if there was no face fat involved I think there would be more wrinkles.

7. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ As long as they're both healthy and happy, that's what matters. :)

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My father's conversations with me on the phone once a month go like this:

"I HAVE NO GREY HAIR! And you know I get my prostate checked every year and it's FINE. AND I HAVE LOW BLOOD PRESSURE, LOW!!"

So I'd say he's pretty happy about it.

9. Spock/Uhura Fan

It's good to hear that he's doing well. :)

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Hasn't stopped her from working and making appearances :devil: