I.S.S. Titan & I.S.S. Ares

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Titan Designer, Oct 19, 2005.

1. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the first one, too. Number 3 would make an impressive mess/dress uniform. Unless you have something else in mind.

2. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree, I go with the first one too. You could also do a variant uniform too and make number 2 an dress uniform since it resembles our universe one.

3. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was what I was thinking of doing. I did use the Federation dress uniform as a reference for them.

4. Titan Designer

Well here is another member of the I.S.S. Titan's Crew Lt.Cmdr. Tuvok.
    As you can see we with uniform #1 for the Duty uniform. I will more than
    likely use #2 as a dress uniform.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

5. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gotta hand it to ya, you're a pretty impressive graphic artist. While we may not always be 100% in agreement on the technical/engineering-type stuff, I can honestly say that you beat me handily in this area! You ought to be working in comics... your ability to capture the general appearance of people is definitely on par with most of the folks working in that field, Alex Ross notwithstanding! I have to admit that your Troi doesn't look much like I see Marina Sirtis, though recognizable when you know the context. But your Tuvok and Riker are perfectly recognizable.

Out of curiousity... what software are you using? (Or is this old-fashioned board work?) I've played around with a couple of things, but I bought the CorelDraw suite a while back and so I'm pretty much committed to using that. Problem is, while I'm damned good at the machine design side (enough to make a very good living doing just that), I can't seem to come up with good graphics (like a ship or a class logo). Just not my forte..

6. Titan Designer

Thanks,

First off, With Troi I just went from memory on the face. With Riker and Tuvok I worked off of stock photos of the actors.

I have been using Adobe Illustrator for my drawing. I use the photo reference on a lower layer (I lock that Layer) and start working on a new layer so the reference photo doesn't get in my way.

My hand drawn versions don't look as close to the actors as I would like them to be. That is why I have been working totally in the digital realm with these. :thumbsup:

7. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ya know, in all honesty, I think I prefer the darker color scheme of your I.S.S. Titan to the lighter color scheme of your U.S.S. Titan (sans the evil-looking wings and Terran Empire logo and other modifications, of course).

8. Titan Designer

Here is a Titan Desktop wallpaper updated with Tuvok in it

Enjoy

[​IMG]

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The fishnets are a nice touch.

But the male duty uniforms dont quite ring true for me. I wasnt a big fan of the Enterprise mirror uniforms either though, so maybe the asthetic just isn't for me.

10. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice job on Tuvok. Can't wait to see more of the crew soon.

11. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

This is some excellent work. Good Job all around. Those red Hull details look almost like claws, like off a crab or something.

12. Titan Designer

Thanks, I did the paint scheme based on the Mirror NX-01, but the Red is for
    it's fleet assignment.

13. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no, mirror troi is hotter.

14. Titan Designer

It is what she would look like if she had to keep on her toes all of the time.

Plus she would be so vain that she would constantly be lifting, tucking and
    enhancing anything to give her an advantage.

15. Mr. Fergy

Mr. Fergy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. Titan Designer

Here is the WIP of my next Mirror Titan crew member. Lt. Vale. In the
    normal Federation Universe she is a commander and first officer of the Titan. But in my Dark Mirror Universe She did not take the first officer posting. She was made a full LT. and is head of the I.S.S. Titan's Security Teams.

I have not finished her hands and weapons yet, but I fiured iI would give you this Teaser.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

17. baxart

baxart Commander Red Shirt

Sweet!!! You rock!

18. Arpy

Arpy Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice work, although I don't think Vale's earing doesn't work. How about something that dangles...that, how you say...jiggles when she's "active". :D

About the mens' uniforms, have you thought about getting rid of the sleeves? Something akin to Kirk's uniform in TOS and the TNG ones from the Mirror Universe novel Dark Mirror.

19. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

Great work on these. I especially love the popped collar on Miss Vale. :)

20. Titan Designer

When I work on Geordi I am going to work on avariant male uniform. One a little more revealing.

As For the Earing on Lt. Vale. If it was dangling, it would be a hazard for her while on duty as the head of security.